DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-06-06 17:17:39

vanelm

user-mode nfs in sarge chroot environment

I faced strange problem while trying nfs in sarge chroot environment. I have exports under /mnt which are /mnt/HD_a2 with RAID0 mounted with "mount --bind" and /mnt/HD_b2 with nothing mounted there. While I'm trying to mount these shares on external machine, it's possible only if nothing mounted below the export point on the root system - i.e it's succeed with 192.168.0.200:/mnt/HD_b2 but fails with /mnt/HD_a2 with "failed: Stale NFS file handle" error. NFS on root system reports everything is mounted ok. If I mount something under export point AFTER this point has been sucessfully mounted on remote machine (as empty) - files apears on remote machine and accessed without any problems.
Can someone suggest any solution (or maybe mount options) ?

#2 2007-06-10 03:19:13

wispfrog

Re: user-mode nfs in sarge chroot environment

Same thing happened to me. Eventually, I gave up and put the exported directory directly under the chroot, rather than on the /mnt/HD_a2 mount. Maybe a problem with the mount actually being the same underlying filesystem, just bind mounted?

That export was for a diskless root for nfs-booted i386 machines to use. I've almost got all the services I want off my old big server now, nearly ready to decommission it in favour of the DNS-323 :-)

Board footer