DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-08-04 17:17:31

ynot2k

so close to ffp glory with my xbox 360

howdy - just got my dns-323 and got i up and running in no time. how exciting. i upgraded to flash 1.09. fabulous.

then i waded into the upnp arena. ugh - how ugly. copy files over to the nas, and try to move them into their own folder, and moving the root folder for the upnp and all hell breaks loose. i can't see anything on my xbox.

backpedal back to where i started and can finally play some movie files on the xbox.

so now i'm into a little hacking of this little guy. i'm no linux master, but i'm not a total noob either. so i get funplug in and unpacked and all is good. telnet removed and ssh going just fine thank you very much.

at this point, i have disabled thru the web interface the stock upnp server.

i have mediatomb enabled on boot up (and i have manually started it and restarted a few times). i have verified that mt is working by specifying the port in the startup script (-p 8001) and then web browsing  the box on that port. sure enough i get a nice web interface into my machine. But for the life of me, i couldn't get MT to appear on my xbox. i removed the custom port line in the hopes that it will be found on a default port, but nothing.

so then i search for and hear about llink (2.2.2). download & install no problems. set it to start at boot and manually start the server. i am looking at the config file, but so much of it is poorly documented. head back to the xbox and presto i can see Llink in my list of devices. so i click on it and it goes 'Connecting ...' and nothing. then the fail to connect window pops up and do i want to run network diagnostics? no i don't, 5 seconds ago i can connect to the WMP11 server on my computer in the kitchen. i verify that llink is working by web browsing to the box on llink's default port 8000. and presto there it is. no sweat. but i'm ultra-confused now because both MT and LL are running, i can see them through their respective web guis, but i can't get anything on the xbox. at least i can see llink on the xbox, but can't connect to see the files...

SO ... here i am. i am looking for a little help with the last mile. i've done lots of reading and searching, but i feel like i'm missing something in the configuration of mediatomb or llink. or maybe they are conflicting with each other somehow and cancelling each other out. Either way, a gentle nudge in the right direction would be extremely helpful. thanks in advance...

ynot2k

#2 2010-08-07 04:17:08

docmbs

Re: so close to ffp glory with my xbox 360

According to the Mediatomb FAQ, it is incompatible with the xbox360. Not sure about llink but it may be the same. I think your choices are either firefly or twonky. There may be another program that streams to the xbox but I'm not sure.

#3 2010-08-07 23:28:49

devotee

Twonky works well with the xbox 360, it's what I use myself on the CH3SNAS.

There's another mediaserver that I like for Linux, fuppes, and it also works very well with the xbox360, but I think it doesn't have a version for our NAS, so I guess your only choice is twonky.

Good luck!

CH3SNAS • 2x Seagate Barracuda ES 7200.11 ST31000340AS 1TB SATAII (3.0Gb/s) 7200RPM 32MB (Rev: SD1A) • Individual volumes • FW1.05 (Firmware Date: 12/31/2008) • ext2

#4 2010-08-09 21:52:15

Elgrande

This is working 4 me on a CH3MNAS

uShare:
http://dns323.thecorewithin.net/
HowTo:
http://little2busy.blogsp...g-xbox360-funplug-05.html

Kind regards,
Sander

NAS: CH3MNAS with 2 TB storage.

#5 2010-11-16 09:35:12

eClapton

Hello Elgrande

I own a CH3MNAS also, do you know if everything for the CH3SNAS works in the MNAS?
What are the differences between both devices??

Regards

Board footer