DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-11-25 18:17:27

waldosax

*NIX n00b, Please help! Want to get Transmission running on DSM-G600

Sala, please help!

OK, so I am a total *NIX n00b. I've had a DSM-G600 Rev. B for years and It's basically been collecting dust. I wanted to get some really good use out of it, so I slapped a new 400GB HDD in it, and decided to try and make it a torrent client. So I fun_plug'ed it. I get my debug message out file, I got telnet access via busybox, but when I throw commands at it, for most of them I get 'Not Found' errors. I bypassed not being able to find funpkg for the time-being and just used WinZip to extract the cURL and Transmission packages to an ffp folder, but now I'm stuck. I've been bouncing around this forum for a few days now and have not quite found the right solution.

Help me Obi-Wan. You're my only hope.

btw, my $PATH looks like this:

Code:

/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin

and my fun_plug looks like:

Code:

#!/bin/sh
dmesg > /mnt/HD_a2/dmesg.txt

if [ ! -e /mnt/HD_a2/ash ]
then
ln -s /mnt/HD_a2/busybox /mnt/HD_a2/ash
fi

if [ ! `grep root /etc/shadow` ]
then
echo kontroll.`grep admin /etc/shadow` >> /etc/shadow
/mnt/HD_a2/sed -i -e 's/kontroll.admin/root/' /etc/shadow
fi

/mnt/HD_a2/sed -i -e 's/root:.*/root:x:0:0:Linux User,,,:\/:\/mnt\/HD_a2\/ash/' /etc/passwd
cd /dev && /mnt/HD_a2/busybox makedevs ptyp c 2 0 0 9
cd /dev && /mnt/HD_a2/busybox makedevs ttyp c 3 0 0 9
/mnt/HD_a2/busybox telnetd &

I genuinely know about 10% of what this means. I also remember someone out there saying they were able to expose the root filesystem via Samba so they could see what was going on, but I can't seem to find that thread anymore.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited by waldosax (2010-11-25 18:26:52)

#2 2010-11-25 18:54:52

sala
Member / Site Admin
Website

Re: *NIX n00b, Please help! Want to get Transmission running on DSM-G600

There is no ffp for dsm-g600.

http://dns323.kood.org/downloads/ There are some old precompiled binaries you can use, but you should try to crosscompile new transmission or charoot into gentoo or debian, but first you should get to know one of them on a regular pc!

DSM-G600 - NetBSD hdd-boot - 80GB Samsung SP0802N
NSA-220 - Gentoo armv5tel 20110121 hdd-boot - 2x 2TB WD WD20EADS

#3 2015-01-24 06:47:38

razabashir

OK, so I am a total *NIX n00b. I've had a DSM-G600 Rev. B for years and It's basically been collecting dust. I wanted to get some really good use out of it, so I slapped a new 400GB HDD in it, and decided to try and make it a torrent client. So I fun_plug'ed it. I get my debug message out file, I got telnet access via busybox, but when I throw commands at it, for most of them I get 'Not Found' errors. I bypassed not being able to find funpkg for the time-being and just used WinZip to extract the cURL and Transmission packages to an ffp folder, but now I'm stuck. I've been bouncing around this forum for a few days now and have not quite found the right solution.

Unlock the key of your success by     ccna online exam    and testking.By using our latest    free ccna - pass-4sure    and  study material, you can easily pass    comptia network+ exam    Your Exams.

Last edited by razabashir (2015-02-04 13:00:48)

#4 2015-01-24 09:58:25

sudos

registered to reply, just got a G600 yesterday and now have debian sarge chrooted, also made an addendum on the debian chroot wiki page regarding etch/sarge.

From what I can see, you're trying to use funpkg to install from a tar'd file, but you can't find funpkg.
I'm going to have to make a new thread about this once I get my system fully up and running because the forum for this device is VERY stale, but:

you should download and flash the sala 2007 firmware file -----  fwimage-04-sala-20070128
This will give you telnet access without having to fun_plug it. it'll also give you inbuilt busybox with all the fixings commandwise. do it over wired Ethernet, flashing firmware over WiFi leads to bad things.

as far as curl and transmission go, since you used WinZip to extract them, they're probably missing attributes if you did this in Windows. in the Telnet window, go to the files and find the executable for each (hwich should just be transmission or curl in their respective directories and chmod +x filenamehere to the files. that'll give them an executable attribute, and hten you can continue on to ./filenamehere in their respective folders.

Do realize that if you're using the transmission package file from the dns323.kood.org/downloads page, you're using an 8 year old package. if you want to use a newer version of transmission or preferrably something much newer such as rtorrent, you're going to have to go down the same path I am, which for me next will be buiding the 2.4 kernel toolchain with gcc 2.95 and hopefully from there being able to use GCC 3.x and above on the Sarge chroot to compile things I want to put on mine, such as irssi and UnrealIRCd since my plan is to use this to retire a much more power hungry box running an IRCd amongst other things.

Board footer