DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-06-21 18:28:21

mykroft

Transfer Speeds

Something is interesting and dont make sense...

When having to seperate 500g drives in the unit I was getting about 7,500 kbs on lan tranfer, now after reformatting jbod (spelling?) I am getting 9,565 or higher!!

Not complaining, just curious to why all of a sudden it decided I could transfer faster smile

This is on a 10MB switch - 1G switch and adapter for the desktop is comming in the future smile

#2 2007-06-21 19:44:39

fordem

Re: Transfer Speeds

I agree - doesn't make sense - with JBOD, I believe you write to one drive until it's full and then move to the next.

What's the possibility your drives were fragmented and the reformat allows for read/write without the head thrashing around?

#3 2007-06-21 21:14:07

mykroft

Re: Transfer Speeds

fordem wrote:

I agree - doesn't make sense - with JBOD, I believe you write to one drive until it's full and then move to the next.

What's the possibility your drives were fragmented and the reformat allows for read/write without the head thrashing around?

That is the way it is on my Linux box, but when transfering 4g video images back other, it goes back and forth between both drives, so I am not really sure how this dns box is putting the data on the drive.

I always assumed Linear was fill drives up in the order they were added to the volume group.....

Interesting.....

Now if someone would just have a good sale on them smile  I need another one....... :p

Board footer