DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-11-03 07:55:29

hailtiki

Mercurial / Python

I'm trying to get Mercurial to run on my DNS-323. Here are the steps I've taken so far:

I installed fun_plug and got ssh running. I disabled telnet.

Then I followed the directions at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Dns323 to install ipkg using the unstable branch.

I installed py27-mercurial using ipkg.

Python looks like it's working... I can start it, at least. But when I run hg-py27, it segfaults.

I tried uninstalling all of the packages ipkg installed, switching over to the "stable" branch, and then install py25-mercurial (I figured an older version might be more stable), but I had the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping that I'm just missing a library or something.

#2 2011-11-03 08:41:36

hailtiki

Re: Mercurial / Python

I did some more digging: mercurial is a python program, so I tried running the hg-py25 file with a line like python2.5 -v hg-py25. That gives some interesting information:

Code:

dlopen("/opt/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_locale.so", 2);
Segmentation fault

Searching this forum, I found a similar problem mentioned http://dns323.kood.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6412 and the solution seems to be to just rename _locale.so (or delete it).

Seems like mercurial is working now! Dunno what's up with _locale.so, but it's working fine without it!

#3 2013-05-08 16:23:40

mika123

Re: Mercurial / Python

Thanks, I had the same problem running flexget on the dns323 with python2.7. and your solution worked.
It was running fine from a console, but every time crontab launched it, it segfaulted.
Turns out changing the script called by crontab to add

Code:

export PYTHONVERBOSE=2

and redirecting stdout and stderr to a log file were the only way to reveal what was really going on
Hours of fun to find this one out really... :-(

Board footer