DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-12-30 19:58:09

walrus87

Dns313 is not recognised by the router?

Hello everybody,
I wish you a merry xmas and my dns313 wishes merry xmas to me...

Today It isn't recognised by the router, It's not on the lan, the blue led of lan connection is off and I can't turn dns off pressing the power button (i have to unplug the power)...

What did it happen?
Yesterday I was off and I asked my bro to turn it on.
He didn't know hot to turn dns on so he pressed the power button holding it.
Today it doesn't work, I can't access by smb, but usb does its job, files are still on the hdd and I would be so happy if only it takes connection with my lan! sad

Does anyone know how to fix that?
cheers

#2 2012-03-08 18:30:57

TeacherThomas

Re: Dns313 is not recognised by the router?

I am having the same problems and the same reason. Someone used to using a DNS-323 so he turned on the prower button pressing it in not just touching it, now the router sees it for the first 30seconds as "Unknown" and assigns an ip address but I am unable to login to that address using web or through easy connect.

#3 2012-03-08 19:25:19

walrus87

I fixed restoring os partitions...
You should connect the dns to the router (or to the pc i am not sure) and start click'n'connect software.
than try to restore the system and follow instructions (reset by pushing the back button for about 30second etc)
It should work.
By the way, be sure to use a proper pc with windows and not an emulator (such as parallels) because it doesn't find the nas!

good luck!

#4 2012-03-09 03:42:06

TeacherThomas

I am running windows7, not an emulator.
However, when I start click'n'connect, nothing happens, and I mean nothing. windows accesses the CD, the hard disk shows activity for a few seconds, then nothing. even after waiting. no program loaded, no message, nothing.

I am now getting solid green light for Harddrive, and blue light for lan flashing showing activity, but router doesn't recognize the device, and ip 192.168.0.32 is unable to connect.

At one time, the router assigned an 1p to the dns-313, when I set it up to assign IP, but identified the device name as "unknown". Tried to run click'n'connect same as above, tried to access the IP address through web, unable to connect and timed out.

#5 2012-03-09 12:00:12

walrus87

If I'm not wrong 192.168.0.32 is for the nas connected to your pc directly.

I remember that I connected the nas to the router.
Before turning it on I pushed the reset button and then started it, holding the reset pushed for many seconds till I got green light for the hdd.
(that's what click'n'connect tells you to do to restore the system partitions).
After that I clicked "ok" on click'n'connect window and my pc started to scan the lan in order to find the device.
It found that and I restored that easily...

If this won't work, I really don't know how you can fix it.

Because even if you try the complete reset (deleting all the partitions AND ALL YOUR FILES ON THE NAS), pc doesn't find the nas.
you have to see the green light.

If you can't succeed try to contact the d-link support. (and tell him to enable dns313 working on mac osx lion too!big_smile )
they can solve it.

#6 2012-03-10 18:51:39

TeacherThomas

Well mine turned out to be the strangest thing. It was listed on the router and was assigned an IP, but Pinging and web access was out.

Tried running click'n'connect but nothing happened, and I mean nothing. The program did not even display, cd light flashed a few seconds, HD access a few seconds but that was it.

Easy connect showed my DNS-323 but not the DNS-313.

Accidentily right clicked on the click'n'connect program and saw "run as administrator" - I am a two user windows7 account, with me as the administrator and already logged in as such, but I chose it anyway. Not sur why it didnt default to this or why a message hadn't come up.

Click'n'connect came up fine. Using a  250G Hitachi hard disk I went through the setup and format, but it locked up at the end. ended up unplugging the dns-313 and turning on again (power button wouldn't work). re-did the process as above and it worked fine, formatted completed and all is well.

Funny through, I had tried the reset on the back of the dns-313 before, but when I finally got the dns-313 up and running and looking through the settings, all the settings of the previous owner : accounts, ftp, and itunes server,  were still there. doesn't seem like the reset worked at all,

one thing i have noticed, comparing the 323 and the 313. the 313 seems to get a lot hotter when working. I transferred files (200 G) to the 313 from my notebook and the temperature of the 313 went up to and stayed consistently at 45 degrees (though the fan never clicked on), but the 323 when transferring 200 G to each hard drive at the same time the 323 reached only 42 degrees (running 2 X 1TB seagate 7200.12 Sata3 drives).

* fan on the 313 does work, because when hooked up as a USB disk it run on high non stop.

#7 2012-03-10 19:28:12

walrus87

I'd suggest you to upgrade the firmware to the latest one, because the one you have could have problems maybe.
It's not good it get hot up to 45 degrees, mine's running for a week and it's 39°C at the moment.

Board footer