DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-02-26 21:09:30

azdaja2005

Newbie question: Can't save settings?!

A few days ago I bought a DNS-323 A1 hardware. I installed on it latest version Alt-F "on top"of original firmware. I just can't figure out how to save settings between reboot?! For example, I can't access samba shares or SWAT configuration before I edit smb.conf so that I define my network under "hosts allow". I do that by telneting to DNS-323 and editing /etc/samba/smb.conf. After that I go to SWAT via web interface and change the host name, add some shares etc. I commit changes. I even go via web browser to System -> Settings and then click on SaveSettings button. But after I reboot the device, when it boots up I have no newly defined shares, nor could I access shares from my computer or swat configuration without adding (again) my network to "hosts allow".

I guess there is some trivial mistake I make but I just can't figure it out what it is, and I don't want to copy/trust my data to the nas before I make sure such basic things work as they should. Anyones help would be really appriciated. Thanks!

Board footer