DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2012-04-04 11:07:06

KyleK

Re: minidlna CVS compilation for ffp 0.7

jeffjoker, please answer my question: Does your TV show the files containing AC3, and can you press "play" on your remote to play them (just without sound)?
Or do the files not show up at all in the list?

In the first case, minidlna is most likely not to blame.
Only in the second case, minidlna for some reason failed to properly detect valid media files. That is something I can look into.

#27 2012-04-04 11:26:40

KyleK

Regarding the "null" files, I see something similar on my TV. I'll definitely investigate, maybe I broke something.

#28 2012-04-04 11:48:07

jeffjoker

The file are listed but when I try to play it fails and moves on to the next file
If the extension of the file is MKV it doesn't show and if a folder contains only mkv files the folder itself isn't shown either

#29 2013-03-21 18:57:59

jeffjoker

Hi there,

I have updated some of the MiniDLNA dependencies (ffmpeg, sqlite...) with use of several different repositories (Kylek's, Inreto's, Robin's, Memik's...) smile

I have then updated my MiniDLNA to the latest CVS build (minidlna-cvs20130225-transcoding-arm-1.txz) from your rep, Kylek wink

Works OK big_smile but no improvement on the subtitles sad
Still says on some files that the audio codec is not supported and either moves on to the next file or plays the video without audio.
- Installing it does not install the /ffp/start/minidlna.sh script. I used my 1.0.22 version and I had to replace most "minidlna" by "minidlnad" sad
- It does not install/contain the new minidlna.conf file either in which I could specify the transcoding sad
I have manually patched the file using samples I found online. But I get a lot of errors and I am not sure about the path(s) to the transcoders. Please help !

I haven't tried to remove file(s) or folder(s) to see if the "null" issue is gone.

It seems to scan faster my folders smile
that's already a good improvement wink

Last edited by jeffjoker (2013-03-22 16:11:33)

#30 2013-03-28 10:42:42

jeffjoker

Rolled back to 1.1.0 then to 1.0.22 after many tests and after that both CVS and 1.1.0 versions would crash after some time.
What I mean by crash is : server is visible but contains no media file when accessed. sad

#31 2013-04-04 20:37:36

KyleK

The transcoding package of minidlna was a special request by someone. Transcoding is not an official feature of minidlna. There's a (big) patch on the minidlna forums that's regularly updated that adds transcoding support. But: I've not tested that build at all! That's also why the startup script is missing.

I'm running minidlna as well, and it does not crash for me.
Whether subtitles work is more an issue of your media player rather than minidlna.
E.g., my Philips Blu-ray player only supports subtitles that are included in the video container (.srt files lying next to the .mkv are not supported by Philips devices).
Also, there was a bug in recent firmware versions of Philips devices: If a video file (MKV) contained a subtitle stream of type SSA, it reported a message "Video not supported", while the video was just simple H264. That issue has been fixed with the most recent firmware update for my player.

Can you figure out why minidlna crashes?

#32 2013-04-16 18:18:37

jeffjoker

Yeah I know it's mainly due to my Samsung TV, there is no firmware update for it sad

I'll try to investigate why more recent versions of minidlna crash.
But I did not see any improvement from 1.0.22 anyway and it works.
I do not have a real reason to update. That was just hope of having subs working or some videos/audios files/codecs more too.
But no, exactly same scope.

Board footer