DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-10-23 04:14:22

ionic

unrar script conflicting with inotify?

First of all, thanks to all the effort put into this forum.

I'm currently running 0.5 ffp on my dns-323 with the transmission client 2.71 obtained from this forum. I am also using minidlna-11-02-2012-cvs20120211.tgz, which was linked from this forum.

I have put together a very simple 'on complete' unraring script, that works. However, I ran into a situation last night when two torrent were completed in close succession. The unrar was successful in both cases, however inotify apparently did not register properly in either case, and they did not show up on my media server list. I downloaded another torrent by itself to test, and it was successfully unpacked and added via inotify.

My assumption is that a second instance of unrar running in close succession to a previous is conflicting with the inotify funcitonality. Has anyone run into this before and found a solution? If there anyway I can make my unrar script more robust so that it pauses itself, or test for another conflict process running to allow inotify to work properly? Perhaps the unrar script can change itself to root user before unraring, so that the nobody daemon running can run inotify without interference (this suggestion might make my novice level obvious).

Aside from that, my only solution was to copy the files to another directory within the inotify watch. I switched from mediatomb to minidlna, and I don't know how to add an individual file with minidlna, other than running a full scan. Is there a command in minidlna to add an individual file to the library? Could I incorporate that into my unrar script? Doesn't seem like the most elegant solution, but I want a seamless system!

Thanks to all in advance, and similarly if anyone has any questions on how I implemented the above, feel free to ask. It is nice to only have to add a torrent to a watched directory, have transmission automatically initiate, unrar, and have added to my server library automatically. Setup took many hours though! tongue

#2 2012-10-23 16:32:24

KyleK

Re: unrar script conflicting with inotify?

Hm, this sounds strange. Can you somehow replicate it?
The inotify functionality of the DNS-323 is somewhat experimental (it's based on a really old, patched Linux kernel).
What does the minidlna logfile say?

There's no way to manually add single files/folders to minidlna.

What you always can do is rename the extracted media file to something else, wait a couple of seconds, then rename it back to the original name. This should make sure that each file is properly processed by minidlna.

Board footer