DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-08-25 07:31:06

Bun-Bun

Transfering data to new drives

Long story short, 2TB are full, bought 3TB, dlink f/w doesn't support GPT, found alt-f, flashed alt-f, wooo!

But my data is still on the 2TB drives. Put the 2TB drives in my mini server (currently running lubuntu), and all that mounts is a small partition with backup and mdam info. Main partition is "Linux_raid_member"

I didn't have the drives in Raid hmm (Didn't trust the built in Raid 1, used rsync on a schedule to sync drive 1 -> drive 2)

How do I mount this partition so I can copy the data?

#2 2015-08-25 20:03:58

Bun-Bun

Re: Transfering data to new drives

I figured it out.

I mounted the drives from the dns-323 on my mini server with

mkdir /mnt/old
sudo mount -o ro -t ext3 /dev/sdb2 /mnt/old  #Where sdb2 is the "linux_raid_member" partition.

Now I have the files resyncing to the new drive.

#3 2016-12-01 16:52:39

Hyggelik

Re: Transfering data to new drives

Just wanted to comment, since I was just in a similar situation. Before upgrading to alt-f and 4 TB drives (up from 1 TB), I wanted to make sure I can read the data from one of the 1 TB drives on my Ubuntu server machine.

After plugging in the disk, I tried several mount commands without any luck. The first obstacle I ran into was the message that the device was busy. After a trip to google, I ran the following command:

sudo apt-get remove dmraid libdmraid1.0.0.rc15

Not sure if that was needed, but in any case, the commands below did successfully mount the partition to a folder:

sudo mdadm --stop /dev/md0
sudo mdadm --assemble --run /dev/md0 /dev/sdb2
sudo mount /dev/md0 /mnt/raid1_right

For some reason, the info on md0 pointed to a raid0, which was wrong. Stopping and re-assembling the raid did the trick for me. Of course, the parameters would need to be adjusted to match someone's environment.
Also: This is just a temporary mount, which gets lost after a reboot. For me that is sufficient, as I just need this mount for copying the data over.

Board footer