DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-09-01 01:01:59

Lee

FTP server

Is anyone using your DNS-323 as an FTP server? If so were you able to set up the FTP Access List for more than 1 user and share? And lastly on what Firmeware version?

TIA
Lee

#2 2007-09-02 23:53:44

leper
Website

Re: FTP server

Yes, yes and 1.03.

Just go to ADVANCED -> USERS, type in the new username and password and hit SAVE SETTINGS. If the userlist does not update, something's gone amiss. I've had some trouble with the access list myself, where the whole list removed itself when adding a new user, but you don't seem to have that same problem.

After you've added another user, go to FTP SERVER and in the drop down menu, pick the new username and choose a folder (and access rights) that they should be able to access.

#3 2007-09-03 18:02:44

Lee

Re: FTP server

leper wrote:

Yes, yes and 1.03.

Just go to ADVANCED -> USERS, type in the new username and password and hit SAVE SETTINGS. If the userlist does not update, something's gone amiss. I've had some trouble with the access list myself, where the whole list removed itself when adding a new user, but you don't seem to have that same problem.

After you've added another user, go to FTP SERVER and in the drop down menu, pick the new username and choose a folder (and access rights) that they should be able to access.

That was the problem, anytime I added a new user the original would be removed, leaving the new one only. The unit came with 1.02, I updated to 1.03 before I started to add users. I could only get 1 on the list at any given time. I downgraded to 1.00 and successfully added 3 users. Then I upgraded to 1.03, did not have to reformat and all now seems to work as it should. Added 2 more users without any problems.

Thanks for the reply, I'm happy to see that I am not the only one that experianced the list removal problem.

Lee

Board footer