DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-09-16 01:20:04

rtoledo2002

it's asking for password to map drive in windows, NOTHING works

Hey guys, I read a bit before I bought this unit and I'm convinced it's the best one with the brightest future.

here's what I discovered, I got it with firmware 1.02 added a 500gig drive and did the plain format and loaded a bunch of files, the dive was on the left bay (the board is marked hdd1  the one on the right side is not marked) all my stuff is backed up. I upgraded to firmware 1.03,  I finally emptied a 200gig drive and add it on the right right bay, rebooted it and noticed the main drive had been renamed volume_3  and the new one was Volume_1.  I mapped the drives and all worked, later I swapped drives around and still all worked.

I'm not sure what if anything I did, but now I can see the volumes in the 3.5easy util  and it won't let me map them it pops up a  login menu with user and password

I have tried all I could think of and nothing works  oh yes I remember that the unit seemed to overheat because all became garbled on the web page and the temp line was displaying weird characters, I rebooted the DNS and left the faceplate off, my house a/c is set on 72* so it's not hot, I also noticed I could NOT delete my username  rt  from the device no matter what, I reset the device from the web menu and still showed me in there, finally I reverted to firmware 1.02  and still the same, when you go into the ftp settings you can see the drives and the files and directories.

last thing i did was go back to 1.03  and reset it,  FINALLY  the only way I have access with FTP is to use the anonymous setting for rt.

any username and password COMBO does not work in FTP  and no user name or password COMBO let's me map the drives.

so I'm in now under FTP and transferring all back to my main computer.

when this is over I will re-FORMAT both drives  with the big one on the right side bay as I read that this is the DEFAULT bay for Volume_1.

after all this  BLAB from me wink   here is my question

where are the passwords   and the samba settings kept for this box in memory ?

can I modify it if I use the fun plug to telnet into it?

I want this thing up and running again and would love to fix it with reformating and reloading my 50gig music collection and photo albums

I do have a dual boot  dapper ubuntu system with vista  and can  recomplie stuff if need be, although I would rather keep it stock as I really need stability!.

thank you all for any comments  you can reach me at

rtoledo2002    >>>>>>>>>>>>>   yahoo

oh yes and any links to 1.04 that work is also welcomed

thanks

#2 2007-09-16 09:06:56

leper
Website

Re: it's asking for password to map drive in windows, NOTHING works

I've had a similar problem, where the box completely locked me out by asking for username and password to access it. This happened after I tried to add a new FTP account, and the box somehow deleted all existing accounts, and went into total lockdown. The only solution to this, that I found, was to log on to the web interface (which I could still do) and goto TOOLS and then SYSTEM. On that page, I hit "Restore To Factory Default Settings". This helped me.

I still suffered some weird problems after that, with adding new users to the FTP, since I had to use the old passwords to be able to recreate a user, otherwise the box would claim I had the wrong password.

This has happened to me twice. I have emailed D-LINK support, but they didn't have anything of value to add ...

I hope this fixes your problem.

Board footer