DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-02-04 19:16:27

alkjones

hard HARD reset of DNS-313 - folder permissions weirdness.

I strongly suspect there is something very wrong with my box as after doing everything I can think of to be able to WRITE DATA to it (for God's sake) im still no further forward.

writing data with the USB cable, no problem. stick in an ethernet, and all i get is read access. ive modified the user perimissions, tried various usernames / groups, disabled and re-enabled upnp and itunes incase they were 'locking' the dirs in some way and ive upgraded the firmware, reset defaults through software and the reset button on the back of the unit but nothing, nada, zip will allow to to wirte data to the root level of the thing when im on the ethernet. i have tried everything I can think of. really, short of telnetting to the unit and giving it a right good kick in the ass ( which i dont know how to do..)

and yet if I go one level down ie into a folder that I put on the drive via USB, then I can do what I like. read, write, have a party - anything.

I should say that before i did all of the above THE FIRST TIME,  i COULD write to the root, but none of the subfolders I had added over the USB.....now, it's the other way around. MADNESS!!

argh!!!

NOW i cant even map the drive via the utility as it asks me for a username / password even though ive deleted all users / groups. i tried some of the old ones that were set up on it, but they dont work either

I have a support call logged with DLink and im waiting for second line to phone me back, but I wondered if anyone here knows how to do, or if there is such a thing as a PROPER reset on this box? i suspect the underlying OS has got itself in a right old mess and the couple of resets that ove done over the last couple of days haven't helped.

Cheers

Alastair

Board footer