DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-05-18 23:06:57

mc.chick

user accounts access problems

I got an access problem with the dns-313 each time I start my computer. Whenever I map a drive with the easy search utility I have to give a users name and a password. From this time on I have access to the drive. Whenever I restart my computer and try to access the drive the connection is lost and you will again have to give the users name and the password. This is very annoying each time to re-enter this data.

When I delete all the accounts, in the dns-313, and make the drive accessible for everyone you don't have to give an username and password. Each time I restart the computer windows automatically reconnects to the drive.

Is it possible to make use of account access without re-entering the username and password each time you restart your computer.

Thanks

Mark

#2 2008-05-19 05:31:31

chuckills

Re: user accounts access problems

Windows XP?

Try this:

1. Go to Control Panel->User Accounts

2. Click your account name

3. In the "Related Tasks" box (Top Left) click "Manage my network passwords"

4. Add the details in there.

#3 2008-05-20 21:51:18

mc.chick

Yes Windows XP.

Thanks for the tip.

But when I click "Manage my network passwords"

The fields are blank and I can't add anything in it, very strange. Is there a setting in windows wich I must activate?

I also tried another thing:

-From the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive…. A new Map Network Drive window opens.

-In the Map Network Drive window, choose an available drive letter from the dropdown list located next to the "Drive:" option. Any drives already mapped will have a shared folder name displayed inside the dropdown list, next to the drive letter.

-Type the name of the folder to map. This name must follow UNC. Alternatively, click the Browse… button to find the correct folder by browsing available network shares.

-Click the "Reconnect at login" checkbox if this network drive should be mapped permanently. Otherwise, this drive will un-map when the user logs out of this computer.

-You can fill in the users name and password.

But again windows won't remember these settings and won't autoconnect the networkdrive when I restart.

#4 2008-05-21 04:24:32

chuckills

For manage network passwords:

In server name you have to put the UNC name of the NAS ie something like "\\NAS-NAME". Mine is called Black so I type "\\Black"

In user name type your username in this format Server\Username ie "NAS\Username". Mine would be "Black\chuckills"

Then your password. Mine would be wink

Board footer