DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-09-11 23:36:09

marcelr

unfsd with funplug 0.5 and standard kernel (2.6.15, fw 1.03)

Dear all, I've been trying to set up nfs service support on my dns-313 for the last week, till now to no avail.
I tried to build kernel modules for kernel nfs support, they build nicely, but when  I crank up the nfs daemon (rpc.nfsd) it dies with a missing function error (nfssvc missing), as posted earlier in this forum. So I reverted to unfsd, the user space daemon.
With the nfs.ko module loaded, I can mount partitions of the disk to localhost:

mount 127.0.0.1:/mnt/HD_a2 /test -t nfs

works nicely, so unfsd as such seems OK.

However, if I try to mount partitions or directories or anything from other machines on my network, permission is denied, always. I tested the service ports on my dns-313 with nmap (in unpriviliged mode), 2049 (nfs) is open for tcp connections. The unpriviliged mode was necessary, otherwise nmap died with an error stating lack of access to "egiga0". I tested with a fully open router (no firewall, port blocking/filtering whatsoever) connecting the NAS and my PC. I can mount filesystems from other devices through NFS to my pc without a problem. Since other people have reported successfull operation of unfsd on a dns-313, I wonder how you guys did that.

I use ffp 0.5, with ssh enabled, telnet disabled, syslogd and unfsd enabled.

edit:
Sorry for all the fuss, guys. The exports file was screwed up. (unprintable characters you don't see with vi ...)
Everything's up and running now.

Last edited by marcelr (2009-09-30 20:06:45)

#2 2009-10-10 11:31:21

Trueman

Re: unfsd with funplug 0.5 and standard kernel (2.6.15, fw 1.03)

Marcel, can you explain in more details nfs server up?
I've install nks-kernel with all dependences via aptitude but have no nfs.ko file. I do next to start nfs (/etc/exports is fine):
rpc.portmap
rpc.statd
exports -fs
rpc.nfsd
rpc.mountd
but  "rpcinfo -p" shows that nfsd process is absent. nfsstat -s said the same.
I'm on debian lenny 5.0.2 with 2.6.15 kernel.
Where can i get nfs.ko and unfsd?

#3 2009-11-22 16:10:51

marcelr

Re: unfsd with funplug 0.5 and standard kernel (2.6.15, fw 1.03)

A bit late I'm afraid, this reply.
I don't access this forum very often now things are running smoothly.

I got the nfs.ko module by building it from the kernel code provided by DLink. Just enable nfs support as a module and you will get the nfs.ko module after completion of the build. (make modules will do, no need to build a new kernel).  The unfsd (user space nfs daemon) is included in the ffp packages. Download and install, make /ffp/start/unfsd.sh executable (chmod 755 unfsd.sh), create an exports file and off you go.

Again, sorry for the late response.

marcelr

Last edited by marcelr (2009-11-22 16:12:02)

Board footer