DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-02-24 04:22:43

brissietex

Problems going from network to USB and back to network

Hi all...

I recently purchased a DNS-313 with a Samsung 1TB drive. I was able to initially connect and configure the box over the network fine (all patched and working). I decided to move the box to my laptop (Vista Home Prem) and connected it via USB to transfer files to it after finding too slow over wireless for the 500gigs that I needed to transfer. This worked a treat. I decided to move the box back onto the network so I shut down the box, unplugged the USB, and reconnected it to the network. This is where the trouble started.

After reconnecting the box to the network and then restarting the box, I can no longer see the box on the network and according to the router, the box is not connected to it. I reset the router and have the same result...the box is not connected to the network.

Is there any reason why this would be occurring at the router? I noticed that when you turn on the box, not much happens ie drive start up or fan start up. Light goes on but the box appears to be in a sleep state. Light appears on router but not showing in attached devices screen on router.

Short of resetting the box, is there any other way of fixing the connection?

Thanks in advance for any help.

cheers...Keith

#2 2009-02-26 04:27:26

brissietex

Re: Problems going from network to USB and back to network

I was able to fix this problem by popping out the hard drive and reinserting it. This seems to cause a reboot once the box is turned on and the prior settings were loaded without any problems. Network connection was then working fine again.

#3 2010-10-02 22:14:17

alairno

Re: Problems going from network to USB and back to network

It also works the other way round: this trick just allowed me to restore USB connection (LAN share was OK but no telnet, Iwas about reseting the unit)

Thanks

Board footer