DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-01-08 02:13:58

barrufet

Cannot reach DNS-313 with Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.x)

Hi!!!

After spending some large hours trying to configure the DNS-313 I've almost give up. Here's my story, just in case sb can provide any help. BTW, thanks in advance.

OK. First I realized the ***ing CD is worthless with a Mac! First strike!!! But as in everywhere says it can be used with any OS, I read a bit and found wonderful words about the connection via IP. Fine. Connect computer to router. Connect my 313 to router. Try with 'http://192.168.0.32' in the web browser and... NOTHING. I've called the official support guys but get no clue besides getting my IP in range. I digged into my router, realizing its IP was 192.168.1.1, and that I needed to change the third byte to a 0. Did it. Also re-configured my laptop to work with the new router settings. I checked I still had internet (first miracle of the day) and that my router was providing my laptop with an IP via DHCP within range (192.168.0.21). Fine. Connect everything again and... NOTHING!!! Oh! I realized I had a green light (and reading the manual I've learnt that this is a bad thing). I was the HDD. I've connected the 313 with USB to the laptop and formated it using Disk utility. Now blue light for the HDD. Wooow!!!! My laptop recognizes the formated disk as new unit. Things look nice and I think I'm almost there. Remove USB, set up the LAN connection again and... green light (ouch!!!). I've found this forum, and this suggesting thread. I've played a bit more with the router, setting the IP ranges for DHCP server from 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.10. I've also reserved 192.168.0.32 for static use with the MAC address of the 313. Still nothing. I guess I've done some other unuseful steps (installing and uninstalling things, trying with different LAN wires, beating my head against the wall, etc.) buy I'm still stacked. My situation is green HDD light, blue in the main button and ocasionally blinking blue in the Net light. If I try to access the device typing its IP in the web browser, I just get bored of waiting. If I could get any help I'd be 313 times thankful (at least)

Last edited by barrufet (2011-01-08 02:17:31)

Board footer