DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-11-25 18:18:07

zavala

Has any one successfully built open-iscsi?

I was wondering where can I find the open-iscsi package.
I am struggling to build it natively on the NSA but it complains with several errors.

cat: can't open '/lib/modules/2.6.18.6/build/Makefile': No such file or directory

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/pkg/open-iscsi-2.0-870.3/kernel'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `linux_2_6_', needed by `kernel_check'.  Stop.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 2010-11-25 20:17:56

Mijzelf
Member / Developer

Re: Has any one successfully built open-iscsi?

It looks like the package needs the kernel sources and -makefile, so I suppose it's trying to build a kernel module. When that is true, you'll need to use the same compiler which build the kernel itself.

Fortunately ZyXEL provided the compiler together with the GPL sources.

#3 2011-01-18 17:59:49

dhub

I have iscsi working using alt-f and a debian chroot.

Basically to get it to work, install alt-f (I'm using the reloaded method since I don't want to reflash my boxes)

Go to alt-f packages and add http://ipkg.dhub.me/unstable as a repository

Click on update package list

Select the debian-iscsi package (this will install a debian squeeze chroot, the debian packages needed for iscsi and aoe and the alt-f iscsi web management stuff)

Go into service->system and click configure for debian-iscsi

Set up the iscsi luns

A few notes:
  1. These packages are new and highly experimental.  They work for me but as far as I know they have been installed on a wopping 2 dns-323 boxes so far.
  2. These packages are installed on disk so they will probably keep the disk from spinning down and sleeping (probably not that much of an issue since with iscsi it's undesirable for the disk to spin down)
  3. I haven't tested this with alt-f in flash
  4. See note #1

#4 2011-01-18 21:47:20

dhub

Oh and one more thing, currently the web interface doesn't allow configuring ACLs so the resulting luns can be connected by any host on the network.

Board footer