DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-07-03 14:06:26

andsoitgoes

Going crazy!! installed funplug, no slacker, need transmission! :(

Hi all,

It's been hours. All I want is a better 320 as the torrent program that comes stock is a complete joke and simply doesn't work in a Useable form 

I finally got funplug installed and thought I was home free, but I went to get transmission and install curl, and everything went south 

The txz files (which I also tried renaming to tgz) didn't install, I either got a fatal error talking about problems with gzip magic or, when I tried placing them in a plugin directory, not sure which, I got Yelled at that they Were already installed (they were not)

On top of that, I am entirely unable to get slacker to run. It simply doesn't exist.

I'm lost, I am sorely in need of help getting this going. I really want to start Keeping my computer off, and this is the only way I can do that.

Thanks.

Nick

#2 2012-07-04 20:26:57

xpmps

Re: Going crazy!! installed funplug, no slacker, need transmission! :(

txz what fun_plug is for version 0.7
installed on your computer and run the 0.7

#3 2012-07-16 11:17:37

KyleK

Re: Going crazy!! installed funplug, no slacker, need transmission! :(

Sounds to me like you installed the wrong fun_plug.
There's fun_plug 0.5, which is fairly old but compatible with older devices. This one does not have slacker yet.

And then there's fun_plug 0.7, which is very much suited for the DNS-320 or DNS-325. This version DOES have slacker, and it can deal with .txz files.

I'd suggest you install fun_plug-0.7-arm: http://inreto.de/ffp/0.7/arm/

Board footer