DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2010-01-01 17:50:57

fvdw

Re: use own firmare

tried once more just using the command  mount --bind /i-data/md0/ffproot/ffp /ffp
and it worked fine.
Compared it with early command script having exact the same lines but refusing to do it.
In the text mode I could not see a difference however in binary mode it appeared that the old scripts had 0D = <CR>  character in that specic line befor the 0A =<LF> character, that doesn't like linux, should be without the <CR>

#27 2010-01-01 18:31:28

Mijzelf
Member / Developer

Still need to write a script that sets a password although this workaround works ok.

Have a look at the /usr/local/btn/open_back_door.sh script. This script set the password of the NsaRescueAngel user (alias root), as a function of the MAC address, which is hashed by the makekey function.

<snip> dropbear <snip>

Sounds familiar. I also had dropbrear running for an unchrooted environment. But I used the version of ffp 0.4, which appeared to be compatible with the libraries in /lib. Maybe some of the other packages are useful for you.

it appeared that the old scripts had 0D = <CR>  character in that specic line befor the 0A =<LF> character

Ouch!

#28 2010-01-02 20:17:54

fvdw

I looked at that backdoor script, basically it seems to to do the same as I do using sed command to replace a line in the shadow file

Yep for sure I will look to the other packages in the fun plug.

I noticed another advantage of my setup, finally I can get rid of the huge number of shares that were added automatically by the system when installing the funplug, every single folder in ffproot/ff/etc/original became a share, also those in /ffproot/proc and a bunch more. Don't know how that happened, I did not do set them up as share. But this huge shares list slowed down the webinterface a lot. Now I had to remove them one by one in the webinterface list...and a decent list remains + a more speedy webinterface

Last edited by fvdw (2010-01-03 16:00:04)

#29 2013-06-07 22:30:46

Toysoft

One question, if you rename the .bin firmware file to .rar and try to open with WinRAR the file, it will indicate that a password is needed.

Does there is a way to find out that password ?

Thanks !

TS

Last edited by Toysoft (2013-06-07 22:31:10)

#30 2013-06-08 21:27:47

Mijzelf
Member / Developer

It's not a rar file, but some proprietary unencrypted ZyXEL format. The firmware contains some tools to extract the various datablocks. If you want to know how, have a look at the 60MB firmware version. It contains a script which does the actual unpacking and flashing.

Board footer