DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-10-28 00:21:45

Ben321

Using WMC on XBOX straight from DNS320 for ripped DVDs

Hello,

I have recently installed Fun_Plug on my DNS-320 and thats as far as I have gotten.  My knowledge of all this is still in training.

Today I started thinking about Ripping my DVD collection to be available on my home network and getting rid of my physical media.  I must mention that I like things to be aesthetically pleasing and have spent the day trying to find the best way to do this.  I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3.

After a bit of research it would appear the best things were to use Windows Media Centre on the Xbox, and MyMovies to rip the DVD.  WMC giving me a fairly decent looking gui to browse my collection, and MyMovies allowing me the ability to keep menus and the such.

I managed to make this work fairly well between my PC and my Xbox, but now I want to take the pc out of the equation and have the XBox recognize my DNS-320 as a Window Media Server, so I do not have to keep my computer on to stream my Ripped DVDs.  When I switch on WMC from the Xbox without the computer on, it can not find a Server to run WMC.

Is there any possible way to do this?

Board footer