DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-26 09:05:21

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

torrent clients for DNS-323

I got to say that this is a very informative forum for DNS-323 and stuffs. So allow me to contribute a little bit back to the community here. Have compiled a version of ctorrent for use on DNS-323. But before that you would need to have telnet access to your DNS-323 first. Regarding the usage of ctorrent, I guess it is best that you go to the enhanced ctorrent website. smile


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#2 2007-05-26 09:12:11

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Another torrent client I have compiled is the MLDonkey (from mldonkey.sourceforge.net). In this copy, I have enabled only bittorrent, edonkey, ftp and http download feature. Good thing about this is that it has got a web interface! Check it out here. The installation instructions and issues I faced can be found here so if you have found the root of the problem. Please enlighten me.

The compiled application is quite hugh and couldn't be attached. I used another delivery channel instead. Download the file here.

Last edited by shadowandy (2007-05-26 09:21:53)


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#3 2007-05-26 09:36:00

DNS-323 Talker
Member
Registered: 2007-05-21
Posts: 245

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Nice work, and great pictures...Dlink should use your shots to help sell the little black box....  smile


DNS-323 w/two Seagate 500 GB RAID1
Fonz's Fun_Plug- Don't DNS-323 without it!

Offline

 

#4 2007-05-27 18:12:00

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Thanks for the compliments. smile


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#5 2007-05-29 03:50:36

gbrugg
Member
Registered: 2007-05-22
Posts: 13

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Hey shadowandy,

i am one of those average Joe's who needs the simple life - thanx for the ctorrent compile.  Have downloaded and seems to be working fine.

Question - how do i get the console session to keep working when i terminate the telnet session?

Searches suggest that i need to install the coreutils package and then run nohup ctorrent.  Is this correct and to run coreutils do i just use ipkg install coreutils (eg.  http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/CTorrent).  Or do i need the distro installed to do this? (sorry don't know much about unix).

Help greatly appreciated....

gbrugg

Offline

 

#6 2007-05-29 04:55:40

richneo
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-29
Posts: 77

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

gbrugg wrote:

Hey shadowandy,

i am one of those average Joe's who needs the simple life - thanx for the ctorrent compile.  Have downloaded and seems to be working fine.

Question - how do i get the console session to keep working when i terminate the telnet session?

Searches suggest that i need to install the coreutils package and then run nohup ctorrent.  Is this correct and to run coreutils do i just use ipkg install coreutils (eg.  http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/CTorrent).  Or do i need the distro installed to do this? (sorry don't know much about unix).

Help greatly appreciated....

gbrugg

eg.

nohup ctorrent abc.torrent > ctorrent.log &

nohup ctorrent -s new_filename -e 12 -C 32 -p 6881 example.torrent > ctorrent.log &


2xDNS-323 ,1xDNS-313, 1xDNS-343

Offline

 

#7 2007-05-29 05:13:28

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Yes, just follow what richneo has posted.

Just in case if your telnet daemon doesn't have the nohup command, do use the fun_plug stuffs  by fonz. You would also need to use this version if wish to try out the mld.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1228/mlddns32303px5.gif


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#8 2007-05-29 16:39:35

gbrugg
Member
Registered: 2007-05-22
Posts: 13

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Ok - getting there

Have updated my files etc (no major probs)

Also attempted to get mldonkey working.

Was able to add the files and execute mldonkey (i think - how do you check that a process is running).  However i am unable to use browser to go to http://192.168.100.1:4080 as i get ip address not allowed.

So following my nose i thought i need to add my clients ip address to downloads.ini in the mldonkey directory - except i don't have read/write rights.  Unable to chmod the file - i assume as it was created as part of script on bootup and i don't have owner rights.  So i tried adding entry in fun_plug to change to mldonkey and chmod downloads.ini.  eg

cd ./mldonkey
chmod 777 downloads.ini
cd ./

Didn't work - how do i get browser access?

Also shadowandy as you advised to go to http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/Main_Page for getting started - i have and have looked at quick start, tips and tricks and many other good things but still doesn't seem to eb helping me.  Can you point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,

gbrugg

Offline

 

#9 2007-05-29 17:48:58

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

after the mld is running, the next thing would be setting the admin password and the allowed ips.

First follow the Initial Setup Guide in setting up the username and password. Then followed by the following command

set allowed_ips "127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255"
save

Your web ui for mld should be running on ur dns-323 port 4080. I will update my entry on mld to include the basic setting up. smile


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#10 2007-05-30 00:50:30

DNS-323 Talker
Member
Registered: 2007-05-21
Posts: 245

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

BTW, shadowhandy, noticed you have added some info on adding an external USB drive on your site.  You might want to link to one of the discussions we had here in this forum on that.  I wrote up a lengthy "faq" in the thread, including info on a sleep command that is required between the insmod and mount statements if you want to run them from a script on start up.  There's a link to this from the external drive page of the DNS-323 wiki as well....

http://dns323.kood.org/forum/viewtopic. … 3221#p3221


DNS-323 w/two Seagate 500 GB RAID1
Fonz's Fun_Plug- Don't DNS-323 without it!

Offline

 

#11 2007-05-30 17:16:30

gbrugg
Member
Registered: 2007-05-22
Posts: 13

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

ok - think i am doing something wrong here or very dumb.....

i believe that mldonkey is running eg run command and get following

/ # /mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh
nohup: appending to nohup.out

or failing this how do i tell it's running???

next from the telnet session on the box i then type telnet 127.0.0.1 4000 and get message:

telnet: cannot connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused

So can't go any further???

Offline

 

#12 2007-05-31 14:25:46

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Sorry for the late reply. Was busy preparing for overseas trip.

Perhaps you can directly execute mlnet by /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mlnet and see if it can run without segmentation fault


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#13 2007-06-04 17:26:05

bladerunner
New member
Registered: 2007-06-04
Posts: 1

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Hi shadowandy,

Your compiled program looks great! Perfect for the everyday user! big_smile

I have a question tho, is there a way to limit speeds for a period of time? ...I'm not sure if this is possible...would it require the NAS to have an internal clock? Or could it check the internet for the time? I'm not a programmer, just tossing the idea up there.

Please let us know, it would be good if it could (I haven't tried the program yet, as I haven't got a DNS-323 as of yet, I'll be purchasing soon tho).

Thanks! big_smile

Last edited by bladerunner (2007-06-04 17:30:56)

Offline

 

#14 2007-06-06 22:07:39

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

I doubt that it would be possible to limit speed for a period of time currently. Got to see if the MLD programmer packs that feature in. smile


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#15 2007-06-07 20:08:24

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

MLD 2.8.7 has been compiled. smile

Last edited by shadowandy (2007-06-08 10:20:22)


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#16 2007-06-07 23:55:39

jbirney
Member
Registered: 2007-05-31
Posts: 28

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

gbrugg wrote:

ok - think i am doing something wrong here or very dumb.....

i believe that mldonkey is running eg run command and get following

/ # /mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh
nohup: appending to nohup.out

or failing this how do i tell it's running???

next from the telnet session on the box i then type telnet 127.0.0.1 4000 and get message:

telnet: cannot connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused

So can't go any further???

I had that same errror too so I found this thread on the sister forum here:
http://forum.source.pri.ee/t40-Ctorrent … stion.html

Downlaoded and extracted it (did a chmod 777 on nohup to be sure). That did not seem to help as I got a could not open nohup.

But running using this command line seem to work.

Offline

 

#17 2007-06-08 00:50:33

jbirney
Member
Registered: 2007-05-31
Posts: 28

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Also where do you get a good telnet client as I was not able to connect to the admin port once Iwas aple to start mlnet. Is there any way to cofigure it via the files in the mldonkey dir?

Offline

 

#18 2007-06-08 10:15:05

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

have you checked out the fun_plug by fonz? I stated that as the pre-requisite for using MLD. MLD 2.8.7 seems to have faster download rate.


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#19 2007-06-08 22:19:31

jbirney
Member
Registered: 2007-05-31
Posts: 28

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

shadowandy wrote:

have you checked out the fun_plug by fonz? I stated that as the pre-requisite for using MLD. MLD 2.8.7 seems to have faster download rate.

Yea I downloaded it and followed the dir but it did not install properly. So I got scared and backed it out. I have been able to get the telent client on the wiki loaded as well as firefly, twonkey and your complied version of to work so I was 4 for 4 until I tried that file. Doh! I will try again and see where I screwed up. Thanks again and I realize your not tech support for this. Still a nice nudge in the right direction for us newbies never huts smile

Also where did you get your version of nohup from?

Thanks!

Last edited by jbirney (2007-06-08 22:25:21)

Offline

 

#20 2007-06-08 23:01:05

jbirney
Member
Registered: 2007-05-31
Posts: 28

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

jbirney wrote:

shadowandy wrote:

have you checked out the fun_plug by fonz? I stated that as the pre-requisite for using MLD. MLD 2.8.7 seems to have faster download rate.

Yea I downloaded it and followed the dir but it did not install properly. So I got scared and backed it out. I have been able to get the telent client on the wiki loaded as well as firefly, twonkey and your complied version of to work so I was 4 for 4 until I tried that file. Doh! I will try again and see where I screwed up. Thanks again and I realize your not tech support for this. Still a nice nudge in the right direction for us newbies never huts smile

Also where did you get your version of nohup from?

Thanks!

Well geez...if you read ALL of the directions it works well. Seems some one forgot a important step. I am blaming jr  as I can not be my fault nooooooo smile  I guess the part on funplug2 page about the update screwed me up as I dont have to do that since I downlaoded everything fresh (or do I)? But once I redid that install it worked the first time. Also nohup did not give me any errors so I was able to start it using your shell script, got in to the telnet and followed the setup page. And now I have a nice MLDonkey page on my web browers. Now its off to RTFM its guide to figure out how to use it. Thanks again and sorry for the brain freeze!!!

Last edited by jbirney (2007-06-08 23:02:39)

Offline

 

#21 2007-06-09 06:48:47

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

jbirney wrote:

jbirney wrote:

shadowandy wrote:

have you checked out the fun_plug by fonz? I stated that as the pre-requisite for using MLD. MLD 2.8.7 seems to have faster download rate.

Yea I downloaded it and followed the dir but it did not install properly. So I got scared and backed it out. I have been able to get the telent client on the wiki loaded as well as firefly, twonkey and your complied version of to work so I was 4 for 4 until I tried that file. Doh! I will try again and see where I screwed up. Thanks again and I realize your not tech support for this. Still a nice nudge in the right direction for us newbies never huts smile

Also where did you get your version of nohup from?

Thanks!

Well geez...if you read ALL of the directions it works well. Seems some one forgot a important step. I am blaming jr  as I can not be my fault nooooooo smile  I guess the part on funplug2 page about the update screwed me up as I dont have to do that since I downlaoded everything fresh (or do I)? But once I redid that install it worked the first time. Also nohup did not give me any errors so I was able to start it using your shell script, got in to the telnet and followed the setup page. And now I have a nice MLDonkey page on my web browers. Now its off to RTFM its guide to figure out how to use it. Thanks again and sorry for the brain freeze!!!

Glad you got it working. Yeah, I deliberately stated that I am not the tech support just in case I am bombarded with questions. By stating that, I can help if I deem fit or when I have the time. Anyway are you using MLD 2.8.7 which I had compiled recently? If not, you can just replace mlnet in lnx_bin with the 2.8.7's copy of mlnet. Kill the core before you do the replacing of cos.


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#22 2007-06-09 16:48:35

jbirney
Member
Registered: 2007-05-31
Posts: 28

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

shadowandy wrote:

Anyway are you using MLD 2.8.7 which I had compiled recently? If not, you can just replace mlnet in lnx_bin with the 2.8.7's copy of mlnet. Kill the core before you do the replacing of cos.

Yes that is what I am using and so far so good. Thanks again for all your help!

Offline

 

#23 2007-06-11 11:01:43

DisposableHero
New member
Registered: 2007-04-16
Posts: 2

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Is there anyway to get this to auto start with the fun_plug? I tired to add the .sh file to the start folder in the funplug.d but i dont have the correct permissions?

Offline

 

#24 2007-06-11 11:59:23

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

try

# cp /mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/
# chmod a+x /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/mlnet.sh
# reboot

Last edited by shadowandy (2007-06-11 12:01:07)


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#25 2007-06-11 18:45:31

gbrugg
Member
Registered: 2007-05-22
Posts: 13

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

The installation instructions and issues I faced can be found here so if you have found the root of the problem. Please enlighten me.

shadowandy - found the following information re segmentation faults at http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/Officia … donkey_.3F

When I start the GUI, I get a lot of error messages, and the GUI terminates with a \"Segmentation Fault\" ?
You probably use the \"static\" binary of mldonkey GUI. Download the \"shared\" binaries from this site, and use that GUI. This bug is caused by an incompatibility between the statically linked GTK library and the themes installed on your distribution.

Hope that helped

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2010 PunBB