DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2007-05-25 02:12:45

DNS-323 Talker

Re: Mount a USB disc...need just a little help to finish, please!

BINGO! 

I just tried your script, Fonz, wrote it and copied it to the Start directory and restarted the DNS-323.  It appears to have worked perfectly...the drive is attached and browsable from Windows via the usb_80 folder. 

Where can I send the $/candy/beer/500G hard drive to thank you for your time and patience!?  wink 

This info really should be added to the Wiki, so that stiffs like me can get this to work...I'll see if I can write up a "Attaching a USB drive for Dummies" summary. 

I am curious as to why I need a special mount statement to get around the initial access problems I was having, and others apparently weren't.  Is it likely something "different" about my setup, or were they just not reporting that they figured it out and didn't mention it? 

Anyway, this is very cool...thanks!

DNS-323 w/two Seagate 500 GB RAID1
Fonz's Fun_Plug- Don't DNS-323 without it!

#27 2007-05-25 02:22:11

fordem

OK - I tried it with my daughter's USB 2.0 external drive and the first problem I had was it wouldn't spin up, it's a USB powered enclosure for a laptop drive, so I guess the USB port on the NAS doesn't have the current capability.

Once I powered it up from an alternate supply, I could mount and see the files using ls, but not from Windows Explorer, so I used the mount command that fonz provided and everything was good.

fonz - thanks for the help.

#28 2007-05-25 02:57:41

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

DNS-323 Talker wrote:

I am curious as to why I need a special mount statement to get around the initial access problems I was having, and others apparently weren't.  Is it likely something "different" about my setup, or were they just not reporting that they figured it out and didn't mention it?

It's specific to ntfs. fat defaults to "the umask of the current process." (http://www.linuxmanpages.com/man8/mount.8.php#lbAN) which the fun_plug script sets to 022 ;-)

#29 2007-05-25 03:52:40

DNS-323 Talker

fordem wrote:

OK - I tried it with my daughter's USB 2.0 external drive and the first problem I had was it wouldn't spin up, it's a USB powered enclosure for a laptop drive, so I guess the USB port on the NAS doesn't have the current capability.

Once I powered it up from an alternate supply, I could mount and see the files using ls, but not from Windows Explorer, so I used the mount command that fonz provided and everything was good.

fonz - thanks for the help.

Congrats, Fordem.  Success is sweet, isn't it!?  smile

If I can write up and post the process to this thread, appreciate it you guys take a look and note any mistakes, and then maybe we can post it to the Wiki as an update to the info that is there already.   Add in stuff about the NTFS vs. FAT32 differences, Fonz's modified mount command, and background that you guys have provided to help someone like me sort of get it.

#30 2007-05-25 10:15:09

DNS-323 Talker

How does this look?   Pretty wordy, but what I found lacking in the current Wiki write-up was the extra hand-holding that I needed given my zero linux background...the definitions/explanations that you guys (fordem, fonz, & mykroft) provided on the "little things" were simply invaluable to me "getting it" (in as much as I have...).  smile

Updated per comments from Mykroft and Fonz, up to post 50

Attaching USB Storage to the DNS-323 for Linux Newbies & Dummies

These instructions assume you have telnet access to your DNS-323, and are on firmware 1.03.  One easy way is to get that is to install Fonz's fun_plug (see http://dns323.kood.org/howto:fun_plug and http://dns323.kood.org/forum/t422-Updated-fun-plug.html) and download/install putty or similar telnet program, and learn know how to telnet to the DNS-323.  It does not assume any facility with Unix/Linux, though it does help, I think, to have some DOS experience in your background so you’re at least familiar w/working in a non-GUI command-prompt environment. 

This process allows you to attach either NTFS or FAT32 formatted USB drives/USB sticks to the DNS-323.   Currently NTFS drives can not be written to when connected to the DNS-323.  The linux kernel on the DNS-323 does not currently support writing to NTFS volumes.   FAT32 drives can be both read and written to.  For this reason you must reformat your volumes to VFAT if you want to be able to read and write to them when connected to the DNS-323. 

When you're done with the steps below you'll have access to your USB drives attached to the DNS-323.   

Steps…

First:

Download from http://dev.skcserver.de/dns323/

-    usb-storage.ko (found at modules_v1.03/kernel/drivers/usb/storage)
-    ntfs.ko (found at modules_v1.03/kernel/fs/ntfs)

Look under the “modules” directory that matches your firmware version.  For example, if you have firmware version 1.03, search under modules_v1.03/.   

NOTE: If you upgrade your firmware you may need to upgrade these two kernel modules.  You only need to upgrade kernel modules if the new firmware comes with an upgraded kernel.

If you’re using FAT32 formatting on the hard disk in your USB enclosure, or on a USB stick, you don’t need ntfs.ko.  To check formatting, right-click on the USB drive icon while it's connected to your Windows computer and look on the Properties dialog to see if it's FAT32 or NTFS. 

Second:

Create directories on your DNS-323 to hold the kernel modules and to “mount” the external drive(s) to.  You can do this in Windows Explorer if you want, or via a telnet session.  If you do it in Windows Explorer, simply open the DNS-323 drive shown in the Network Drives section of My Computer, and create the directories using normal Windows menus/functions.

Create the directory “lnx_bin” to hold the usb-storage.ko and ntfs.ko kernel modules.

Create one or more additional directories that the USB drive will be mounted to.  These types of directories actually remain empty, but serve as “pointers” to the contents of the attached drive they are linked to.  So when you want to see the contents of the drive you’ve attached, you’ll actually look at the directory (in Windows or in a telnet session) and see your USB disk files.  You can map local drive letters in Windows to those folders and they will show up in the network drive section of My Computer.

If you’re attaching a USB hub to the DNS-323 USB port and will have more than one USB drive attached at one time, it’s a good idea to use directory names that help you identify which drive is which.  In the first example below, 1=first device, 80 = drive capacity in GB.  The second example is for a 120GB drive.  The directory names just help you remember which drive each directory represents – you could call one directory Abbot and the other Costello if you wanted to.  If you’ll only have one drive attached at a time you only need one “drive” directory.

If you’re using a telnet session to create the directories, the commands are as follows.

To make a directory to hold the kernel module files:

mkdir /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin

To make directories to mount the USB drives to:

mkdir /mnt/HD_a2/usb_1-80
  mkdir /mnt/HD_a2/usb_2-120
  etc. as required

Or, if you’re only going to attach one drive at a time you could use something like:

mkdir /mnt/HD_a2/usb_drive

Third:

Copy the usb-storage.ko and ntfs.ko files to the lnx_bin directory.  Use either Windows or the telnet session to do this…Windows is probably easier.  In linux the copy command is cp.  (See http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/unix_f … users.html for some "DOS to Linux" command help.)

Fourth:

The following commands load the usb-storage.ko and ntfs.ko kernel modules.  If you’re a Windows-weenie like me, you can sort of think of them as the “drivers” that allow the DNS-323 to see the USB drive and to read the NTFS partition.  Remember, if your USB drive/stick is formatted w/FAT/FAT32, you don’t need ntfs.ko.

Open a telnet session to your DNS-323 and type the following commands:

insmod /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/usb-storage.ko

insmod /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/ntfs.ko

The “insmod” commands install the loadable kernel modules usb-storage.ko (to support USB drives) and ntfs.ko (to support the NTFS file system).  These commands have to be run every time the DNS-323 is restarted.

Next you’ll need to “mount” your USB drive(s) to point the directory(ies) you created at the USB drives.

The “mount” commands make the external USB drive (referred to as “/dev/sdc1” here) visible via usb_1-80 directory.  This means that the USB drive contents are visible by viewing that directory, either via telnet or (more importantly) via Windows Explorer.  It’s like the usb directory becomes a portal to the USB drive contents.

The mount command includes a reference to the USB drive – in the example below, “/dev/sdc1” refers to the USB drive.  The “sdc1” part refers to the first partition on the third disk drive (the “c” means the third disk, including the disks in the DNS-323).  The 1 refers to the first partition on the disk.  If you have only one hard disk in the DNS-323 you would use sdb1 to refer to the first attached USB drive.

So "sda" would refer to the first SCSI disk in the DNS-323, and sdb the second SCSI disk (if present) in the DNS-323.  This can be slightly confusing when you consider that you have no SCSI disks, but don't let it confuse you, linux thinks SATA and USB are SCSI.  (For ATA drives linux uses hda, hdb and so on.) 

BUT:  (Mykroft)  The partition number will vary on a drive per drive basis.  My ext seagate 100g portable drive comes up at sdb5 - partition 5 - 2nd scsi drive (only have 1 drive in the bot at the moment, eventually it will come up at sdc5.  Do a cat /proc/partitions after inserting the usb connector (and after loading usb-storage.ko) to see what partition it found etc.  The partition info for the USB drive(s) is at the end of the partition listing.

So the mount commands are:

For NTFS drives: 

mount -t ntfs -o umask=0222 /dev/sdc1 /mnt/HD_a2/usb_1-80

For FAT32 drives:

mount -t vfat -o umask=0 /dev/sdc1 /mnt/HD_a2/usb_1-80

If you’re attaching multiple drives you’ll need to have a mount command for each one, and refer to the drive (the /dev/sdc1 part) appropriately.  Remember the comments above on the /dev/sdc1 part of the mount command – you may have to modify the sdc1 part of it depending on how many drives you have in your DNS-323, and how many you are attaching to it.  The mount commands also need to be run every time the DNS-323 is restarted.

Technical comment:  The NTFS and FAT32 mount commands are specific to each one, and contain commands (umask) to allow access to the folder in Windows.  (http://www.linuxmanpages.com/man8/mount.8.php#lbAN).  If you don’t use the NTFS mount command for NTFS drives you’ll get and error message in Windows – e.g., "G:\lnx_bin\usb_1 is not accessible.  Access is denied.”  when you just try to access it.  If you don't use the umask command for FAT32 drives you can still access them, but you won't be able to write to them.  So make sure you use the right mount command depending on which file system your USB drive is using.  If you formatted it in Windows XP chances is it is formatted in NTFS.    The -t statement sets file type, vfat=FAT32, ntfs=NTFS. 

You're hooked up!

Once you’ve typed the appropriate mount command(s) from above, you should be able to see the files on the USB drive(s) by either method below:

1.  Telnet: type the command:  ls \usb_1-80 (substitute the directory name you used for usb_1-80 )
2.  Go to Windows Explorer and browse to the usb_1-80 folder

Tah-dah!  Cool, isn’t it?  smile

If you want to see the results of your work, below are two commands you can run to see information on connected drives (cat /proc/partitions) and mounted drives (mount).

cat /proc/partitions

mount

Fifth:

You probably should unmount your drives before turning off or restarting your DNS-323.  (Fonz) It may well be possible that the firmware automatically umounts all connected drives when going down or rebooting. The more critical case is when you want to remove the drive, but not reboot or poweroff. There's no automatic solution (that I know of) - you must umount manually or you risk data loss.

To unmount drives you use the “umount” command.  That’s not a typo – it is “umount” not “unmount.”  So type:

umount /dev/sdc1
  umount /dev/sdd1
  etc.

You could also put those commands into a script then just run the script...e.g., call the script usb-unmount.sh, and execute it from the command line (./usb-unmount.sh).

Sixth:

This is sort of optional, but if you want to leave the drives attached and available every time you restart the DNS-323 without manually running the commands, you can create a script file and place it in the fun_plug.d/start directory and it will run each time the DNS-323 is restarted, so that attached USB drives are mounted automatically for you.  CHMOD the file to 755 so it can execute on restart. 

Below is an example for an NTFS USB drive, attached to a DNS-323 w/two hard disks in it, using the directory usb_80 as the mount directory.

#!/bin/sh
  insmod /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/ntfs.ko
  sleep 15
  mount -t ntfs -o umask=0222 /dev/sdc1 /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/usb_80

Below is an example for an FAT32 USB drive, attached to a DNS-323 w/two hard disks in it, using the directory usb_80 as the mount directory.. 

#!/bin/sh
  sleep 15
  mount -t vfat -o umask=0222 /dev/sdc1 /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/usb_80

The Sleep command is needed to give the system time to process usb-storage.ko and talk to the USB drive before attempting to mount it.  (Fonz figured this out!)  I found the mount failed on my system with at 10 second sleep, works at 15, but I'm sure YMMV, so you may have to tweak the sleep number to find the right wait time for your system/USB drive.

You can name the script file something like mount-sdc1.sh, or mount-usb.sh if you're only going to be mounting one drive, and won't need separate specific scripts for multiple drives. 

To test run the script you can execute it by going to the fun_plug.d/start directory and using the command:

./mount-sdc1.sh

Use the name of your script file above...I've used "mount-sdc1.sh" as an example.

You can use a simple text editor to create the script file.  EditPad Lite seems to work well – it is freeware for personal use.  Create it in EditPad Lite, and then save it to the root of your DNS volume in Windows.  Then telnet to the DNS-323 and use the copy command (cp) to copy the script to the fun_plug.d/start directory.  (You can’t copy them there from Windows, as the directories are write-protected in that mode.)

Last edited by DNS-323 Talker (2007-06-07 20:21:49)

#31 2007-05-25 10:41:46

mykroft

BTW, if you want to write to the drive, format it FAT32 instead of NTFS.  I would not hold my breath for updated kernels from dlink that supports NTFS writing for quit a while....

also the partition number will varry on a drive per drive basis.  My ext seagate 100g portable drive comes up at sdb5 - partition 5 - 2nd scsi drive (only have 1 drive in the bot at the moment, eventually it will come up at sdc5.

do a cat /proc/partitions after inserting the usb connector for the 1st time will tell you what partition it found etc.

Last edited by mykroft (2007-05-25 10:45:35)

#32 2007-05-25 11:16:55

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

Well done. I have two comments:
- umount'ing: It may well be possible that the firmware automatically umounts all connected drives when going down or rebooting. The more critical case is when you want to remove the drive, but not reboot or poweroff. There's no automatic solution (that I know of) - you must umount manually or you risk data loss.
- "If you upgrade your firmware you’ll need to upgrade these two kernel modules.": You only need to upgrade kernel modules if the new firmware comes with an upgraded kernel. But it's close enough...

Last edited by fonz (2007-05-25 11:17:27)

#33 2007-05-25 11:18:03

DNS-323 Talker

Thanks, Mykroft...appreciate the comments. 

I actually just finished going that route (formatted to FAT32), since I didn't want to wait (forever?) smile to be able to use the USB drives off the 323.

However, I've got an interesting problem...I can access the USB_80 directory that I mounted my drive to, but I can't actually copy anything to it...either to the folder directly, or to the drive letter I mapped it to.

So I have read access, but don't appear to have write access for some reason.

Anyone got any ideas?

I tried both the FAT32 mount command from above, as well as the NTFS mount command...neither results in me being able to copy files to the USB drive...

#34 2007-05-25 11:22:47

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

I guess, it's the umask again. Try mounting with "-o umask=0", the drive should be world-writeable then.

#35 2007-05-25 11:36:10

DNS-323 Talker

OK...now I'm getting frustrated...my script to load the usb-storage.ko and mount the drive didn't run when I just rebooted the DNS-323.  What did I screw up now!  sad  smile

Hmmm...maybe I never got it running and just fooled myself into thinking it was...I put the script file (mount-sdc1.sh) into the fun_plug.d/start folder, and it contains the lines that you provided, Fonz.  I don't need to mod the fun_plug file in the root or anything else to make the mount-sdc1.sh run, do I?  I thought all scripts in the start folder would run automatically...it's CHMOD to 777 when I create it, but when I copy it to the start directory the CHMOD changes to 755...that's the same as the telnetd and lighttpd sh files, so I'm assuming that's OK.

I verified that the lines in the mount-sdc1.sh work if copy/pasted to a telnet command line, so there aren't any syntax errors that I can find. 

Help....thought I was set....appear to be somewhat lost again.

#36 2007-05-25 11:38:20

DNS-323 Talker

fonz wrote:

I guess, it's the umask again. Try mounting with "-o umask=0", the drive should be world-writeable then.

BINGO - again!!  big_smile I'll update my write-up above!  Now just need to get the script running at restart...

Last edited by DNS-323 Talker (2007-05-25 11:46:04)

#37 2007-05-25 11:58:44

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

DNS-323 Talker wrote:

I thought all scripts in the start folder would run automatically...it's CHMOD to 777 when I create it, but when I copy it to the start directory the CHMOD changes to 755...that's the same as the telnetd and lighttpd sh files, so I'm assuming that's OK.

755 is fine. Have a look at the end of fun_plug.d/log/fun_plug.log. Also, make sure that your mount-sdc1.sh has UNIX line breaks (I think EditPad can do this). If in doubt convert it manually:

Code:

cd /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start
dos2unix mount-sdc1.sh

#38 2007-05-25 11:59:26

DNS-323 Talker

OK...last post, then to bed!

Copied a directory with one file in it to the USB drive, from a local drive on my WIndows system.

Directory: Deliveries

File in directory: To UPS driver June 24.doc

It was created on the USB drive as:

Directory: deliveri

File: to ups d.doc

Clearly there is an 8.3 limit here...but the FAT32 FS supports long file names, right?   Any ideas?

Also, directories don't refresh on actions...copied a second file to a directory on the USB drive, and nothing changed. Tried to drag it over again and it said the file already existed.  Went up one level and back down and the file appeared...interesting.

#39 2007-05-25 12:07:57

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

DNS-323 Talker wrote:

Directory: deliveri
Clearly there is an 8.3 limit here...but the FAT32 FS supports long file names, right?   Any ideas?

Also, directories don't refresh on actions...copied a second file to a directory on the USB drive, and nothing changed. Tried to drag it over again and it said the file already existed.

Making Linux and Windows cooperate is not an easy task ;-)

It seems, Linux detected the wrong file system type. Run "mount" and see what "type" it mounted for sdc1. If it's "fat", it's wrong. Should be "vfat" (the Linux name for FAT32). Try adding "-t vfat" to the mount command (before the -o) then.

You can press F5 to refresh. No idea why it won't refresh automatically.

#40 2007-05-25 18:39:49

DNS-323 Talker

smile  Ah yes, getting the kids to play nicely together...

It comes up as msdos "type msdos" so your suggestion sounds appropriate.

I'll add the addtional paramater....bet that will do it.

After mounting w/the -t vfat parameter, type comes back "type vfat," and long file names are now preserved.  Actually, now that I think of it the wiki on this includes a -t vfat statement, so I guess I should have realized that it was doing something.  smile

Seems likely I should add a -t ntfs to the ntfs mount statement as well...not to enable writes, but maybe to ensure things are read/found properly...

#41 2007-05-25 19:21:12

DNS-323 Talker

fonz wrote:

DNS-323 Talker wrote:

I thought all scripts in the start folder would run automatically...it's CHMOD to 777 when I create it, but when I copy it to the start directory the CHMOD changes to 755...that's the same as the telnetd and lighttpd sh files, so I'm assuming that's OK.

755 is fine. Have a look at the end of fun_plug.d/log/fun_plug.log. Also, make sure that your mount-sdc1.sh has UNIX line breaks (I think EditPad can do this). If in doubt convert it manually:

Code:

cd /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start
dos2unix mount-sdc1.sh

You were right about the line breaks in the script file I created...I guess editpad lite defaulted to MDOS...I converted to Linux LF and I'll restart...

#42 2007-05-25 19:39:05

DNS-323 Talker

I can run the commands in mount-sdc1.sh manually (type them out) and they run fine, but I'm getting failures when I try to run it at startup as part of fun_plug.

From the fun_plug log:

* Running /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/mount-sdc1.sh...
mount: mounting /dev/sdc1 on /mnt/HD_a2/usb_80 failed

Not very verbose... smile  Not sure why it isn't mounting.  My script is in fun_plug/start and contains the following:

#!/bin/sh
#insmod /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/ntfs.ko
mount -t vfat -o umask=0 /dev/sdc1 /mnt/HD_a2/usb_80

I opened the file from the fun_plug.d/start directory and confirmed that the line breaks are UNIX line feeds...

#43 2007-05-25 20:48:38

DNS-323 Talker

One other question...do I have to run the insmod command every time the DNS-323 restarts?  Is adding the usb-storage.ko kernel module something that I need to do over and over again on each restart, or is it a one-time activity...once added it's there until I remove it?

#44 2007-05-25 22:24:47

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

Yes, you need to run insmod on every reboot. I reckon that this is a timing problem. The mount-sdc1.sh script is obviously started, the insmod works fine. Only the mount fails, possibly because the usb-storage module needs some time to "detect" the drive. It might help to insert a "sleep 5" (sleep 5 seconds) between insmod and mount:

Code:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 5
mount -t vfat -o umask=0 /dev/sdc1 /mnt/HD_a2/usb_80

PS: There might be additional information about the failure in the system log. Run "dmesg" and look out for messages at the end.

Last edited by fonz (2007-05-25 22:27:43)

#45 2007-05-26 00:38:07

DNS-323 Talker

Thanks...tried a sleep 5 and sleep 10...no joy! 

I know  I type the commands faster than 10 secnods!  smile 

Doesn't seem to like to run from the script file for some reason.  I'm flummoxed!

Hoping fordem can try it and see what happens to him..

#46 2007-05-26 00:41:45

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

Anything in "dmesg"?

#47 2007-05-26 01:09:05

DNS-323 Talker

Nothing that helped...maybe I'm not running dmesg at the right time?  I supposed i need to restart and then run dmesg.

You know what's interesting, I can run the script (type ./mount-sdc1.sh) from the command line and it runs fine, mounts the drive.  So it appears to be a problem w/it running at boot up, which may mean that it is, as you noted, some sort of timing issue.  I might set the delay to 60 and see what happens...I can wait a minute or two for USB drive access if that's all it will take.

I'll try a reboot and run dmesg first thing after reboot...

#48 2007-05-26 01:15:37

DNS-323 Talker

Not sure if this is what you want...rebooted, opened telnet session up, and ran dmesg.

BTW, I tried a 60s sleep and the drive mounted successfully this time...so you were right (again, don't you get bored being right all the time?).  smile

I'm going to play with the timing, try 30s next and see how low I can go and reliably mount the drive. 

I THINK THIS PRETTY MUCH MEANS SUCCESS!!!!   big_smile

dmesg wrote:

usb-storage: usb_stor_bulk_transfer_sglist: xfer 512 bytes, 1 entries
usb-storage: Status code 0; transferred 512/512
usb-storage: -- transfer complete
usb-storage: Bulk data transfer result 0x0
usb-storage: Attempting to get CSW...
usb-storage: usb_stor_bulk_transfer_buf: xfer 13 bytes
usb-storage: Status code 0; transferred 13/13
usb-storage: Bulk status result = 0
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x47 R 0 Stat 0x0
usb-storage: scsi cmd done, result=0x0
usb-storage: *** thread sleeping.
usb-storage: queuecommand called
usb-storage: *** thread awakened.
usb-storage: Command READ_10 (10 bytes)
usb-storage:  28 00 00 00 95 9d 00 00 01 00
usb-storage: Bulk Command S 0x43425355 T 0x48 L 512 F 128 Trg 0 LUN 0 CL 10
usb-storage: usb_stor_bulk_transfer_buf: xfer 31 bytes
usb-storage: Status code 0; transferred 31/31
usb-storage: Bulk command transfer result=0
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x48 R 0 Stat 0x0
usb-storage:  28 00 00 00 95 9e 00 00 01 00
usb-storage: Bulk Command S 0x43425355 T 0x49 L 512 F 128 Trg 0 LUN 0 CL 10
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x49 R 0 Stat 0x0
usb-storage:  28 00 00 00 95 9f 00 00 01 00
usb-storage: Bulk Command S 0x43425355 T 0x4a L 512 F 128 Trg 0 LUN 0 CL 10
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x4a R 0 Stat 0x0
usb-storage:  28 00 00 00 95 a0 00 00 01 00
usb-storage: Bulk Command S 0x43425355 T 0x4b L 512 F 128 Trg 0 LUN 0 CL 10
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x4b R 0 Stat 0x0
usb-storage:  28 00 00 00 95 a1 00 00 01 00
usb-storage: Bulk Command S 0x43425355 T 0x4c L 512 F 128 Trg 0 LUN 0 CL 10
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x4c R 0 Stat 0x0
usb-storage:  28 00 00 00 95 a2 00 00 01 00
usb-storage: Bulk Command S 0x43425355 T 0x4d L 512 F 128 Trg 0 LUN 0 CL 10
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x4d R 0 Stat 0x0
usb-storage:  28 00 00 00 95 a3 00 00 01 00
usb-storage: Bulk Command S 0x43425355 T 0x4e L 512 F 128 Trg 0 LUN 0 CL 10
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x4e R 0 Stat 0x0
usb-storage:  28 00 00 00 95 a4 00 00 01 00
usb-storage: Bulk Command S 0x43425355 T 0x4f L 512 F 128 Trg 0 LUN 0 CL 10
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x4f R 0 Stat 0x0
usb-storage:  28 00 00 00 95 a5 00 00 01 00
usb-storage: Bulk Command S 0x43425355 T 0x50 L 512 F 128 Trg 0 LUN 0 CL 10
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x50 R 0 Stat 0x0
usb-storage:  28 00 00 00 95 a6 00 00 01 00
usb-storage: Bulk Command S 0x43425355 T 0x51 L 512 F 128 Trg 0 LUN 0 CL 10
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x51 R 0 Stat 0x0
/ #

Last edited by DNS-323 Talker (2007-05-26 01:17:43)

#49 2007-05-26 01:22:19

DNS-323 Talker

30s worked...now for 15s.

Wow...it's like I'm a famous scientist searching for the cure for a perilous disease!   Sort of, anyway.  wink

#50 2007-05-26 01:32:07

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

DNS-323 Talker wrote:

Not sure if this is what you want...rebooted, opened telnet session up, and ran dmesg.

It's not exactly what I expected, but it definitely indicates that it"s busy talking to the drive.

Board footer