DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-06-14 21:29:56

luusac

Vista is asking to install driver for dns-323

I have been using my dns323 for a while with vista and XP and today (after I have been fixing fs errors with the dns) Vista is saying "Windows needs to install driver software for your DNS-323 Network Hard Drive"; options:
Locate and install driver (recommended)
Ask me later
Don't show this message again for this device
I went to control panel and sure enough the dns323 was listed under "other devices" - when I switched back to the desktop, the driver install prompt has dissapeared - perhaps I accidently cancelled the dialog (or selected one of the options) with the touchpad (am on a laptop at the moment).  Anyway, I have seen some posts here about vista drivers, but what is the driver for?  I have been able to access the dns323 for ages without a driver ... why do I need one now ... what's it for ... how can I get the driver install dialog back when device manager scan for hardware changes doesn't detect the dns323 any more.
thanks
lu

#2 2008-06-14 22:39:51

bq041

Re: Vista is asking to install driver for dns-323

I believe it is for UPNP support in Vista.  I personally do not use this (it allows anyone access to the data), so I have never recieved a message, nor have I ever installed anything extra.  Actually, the first time I have ever even used easy-search, was just to try out the BT client.

DNS-323     F/W: 1.04b84  H/W: A1  ffp: 0.5  Drives: 2X 400 GB Seagate SATA-300
DNS-323     F/W: 1.05b28  H/W: B1  ffp: 0.5  Drives: 2X 1 TB  WD SATA-300
DSM-G600   F/W: 1.02       H/W: B                Drive:  500 GB WD ATA

#3 2008-06-15 02:18:25

Tilly

luusac wrote:

I have been using my dns323 for a while with vista and XP and today (after I have been fixing fs errors with the dns) Vista is saying "Windows needs to install driver software for your DNS-323 Network Hard Drive"; options:
Locate and install driver (recommended)
Ask me later
Don't show this message again for this device
I went to control panel and sure enough the dns323 was listed under "other devices" - when I switched back to the desktop, the driver install prompt has dissapeared - perhaps I accidently cancelled the dialog (or selected one of the options) with the touchpad (am on a laptop at the moment).  Anyway, I have seen some posts here about vista drivers, but what is the driver for?  I have been able to access the dns323 for ages without a driver ... why do I need one now ... what's it for ... how can I get the driver install dialog back when device manager scan for hardware changes doesn't detect the dns323 any more.
thanks
lu

Install this:

http://www.dl-support.de/forum/download … amp;cat=85

#4 2008-06-19 03:05:26

luusac

Thanks for the link - I tried to install (right click - install) but get an error - something like "cannot be installed this way" - I have not got the vista machine at the moment so can't be sure of the acuall error.
lu

Board footer