DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-11-27 23:22:44

sinitry23

How to setup DDNS to my Dlink 323?

I signed up for a free account at DynDNS.com and I want to use it to log into my Dlink 323.  Is this possible?

When I enter my Dynamic DNS domain name (IP address) it leads me to my log in page for my router.  How do I forward it this to my Dlink 323?  This way when I enter in the dynamic domain name it will bring me to the log in page of the Dlink 323?

#2 2008-11-27 23:38:48

luusac

Re: How to setup DDNS to my Dlink 323?

you need to forward port 80 (http/web) on your router to your dns-323.  The exact place to do this will depend on your router, but should be easy enough to find by trawling through the admin pages/looking in the documentation.  This however, is a security risk, as is being able to get access to your router admin page from the internet!  There are lots of posts here on the security of the dns-323.  (I think) that dlink are fixing *some* of the security holes in the 1.06 f/w that is currently in beta.

#3 2008-11-27 23:52:12

sinitry23

Thanks I'll try that

But what security risk am I going to encounter?

Basically the Dlink 323 is only for me to access, no one else knows my IP address or my login and password.  I just want to be able to access some files from a remote location.

Is the password for the Dlink323 easily hacked?

#4 2008-11-28 00:37:28

sinitry23

Ok I got it to work.  Now my router forwards it to my NAS Dlink login screen.

Is there a way to access the file on the Dlink 323 as if I was using FTP?  I want to be able to access my files without using any FTP software.  Can I do that?

#5 2008-11-28 04:44:31

luusac

there are lots of posts on security here - but it is not specific to this box, but an issue in general.  If you are exposing your box to the world then are you prepared for somebody to download stuff from your box or stuff to it - or to get access to the rest of your network.  Security and risk are relative and up to you to decide what you are happy with.

Do a search here on "security" or "ftp" and "security".

The dns323 has an inbuilt ftp server, which you can enable through the web interface, but I wouldn't suggest using it for security reasons (again see the numerous posts on this forum).  There are alternatives that you can install.

As to accessing without using ftp software, that depends on what you want to do.  You could install lighthttp with or without php.  It depends on whether you want upload as well as download capability.  There is also a hidden webfile interface on the dns323.  As Dlink have not linked this to the web interface I would imagine that they were not happy with it in f/w 1.05.  It may (or may not) make it into a later f/w release and be supported by the manufacturer.  I can't remember the name of the page (try http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/web/wfs_login.asp) that you need to call to see it, but again, search on the forum - there are posts and screenshots of this page.

Last edited by luusac (2008-11-28 05:21:19)

Board footer