DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-08-15 15:04:00

Sickboi

SSH auto login & remote command failure

Hi,

I would like to ask for help in two things:

I have a DNS-323 with ffp installed. Generally I connect to my NAS via SSH (putty.exe)

Today I have managed to set up putty to auto login to my NAS using file based private/public authentication. I have created a .ssh directory with the key file in it.

First problem:

Unfortunatelly after a NAS reboot the the created .ssh directory with my key file in it has been lost which made my auto login failed. After recreating the directory with the keyfile in it the auto login is up and running. Any idea why did it dissapeared on reboot?

Second problem:

My final aim is to be able to auto-give the 'sh /mnt/HD_a2/ffp/start/transmission.sh restart' command based on my auto-login putty session. To do that I have saved a session which can login automatically and which sends an 'sh /mnt/HD_a2/ffp/start/transmission.sh restart' command via ssh upon login .

(Screen capture attached)

My problem is that as soon as the command have gone through the session quits and the window is closing so I am not able to see the result. Unfortunately the transmission is not restarting, so something is not OK after the authentication.

Could you help me please?

thanks

Attachments:
Attachment Icon putty.JPG, Size: 41,943 bytes, Downloads: 173

#2 2009-08-15 15:37:04

Sickboi

Re: SSH auto login & remote command failure

Update

I have tried it again this time with stop command instead of restart and I have received the following log:

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2009.08.15 14:33:05 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
Using username "root".
Authenticating with public key "rsa-key-20090815 - dns-323 key"
Stopping transmission-daemon
killall: transmission-daemon: no process killed

It seems that  after the authentication the stop command has gone through without problem but somehow the process hasn't killed...

#3 2009-08-15 15:41:03

luusac

where did you store the .ssh directory?  Does it disappear on every reboot?  If this is the case you will need to store the .ssh directory & files on the hdd like ffp is and configure your sshd to point to that, or put whatever commands you need in your fun_plug (there are other places to do this) to copy the files to wherever you need them in the 323's ramdisk/fs.  Sorry I can't be clearer, but I haven't done what you are trying, but the principle is pretty straightforward - the 323 fs is recreated on every boot.  Look into what ffp does when it starts.

to check whether the process is still running use

ps

It maybe that the stop command has worked, but the script contains a fallback to kill everything if a graceful shutdown didn't work - but that would depend on the script itself - and I don't use transmission... Maybe somebody else can help, but like I say use ps to check whether transmission is running.  If you aren't sure try issuing ps before the stop and after it and compare

Last edited by luusac (2009-08-15 15:44:11)

#4 2009-08-15 16:02:03

Sickboi

luusac wrote:

Maybe somebody else can help, but like I say use ps to check whether transmission is running.  If you aren't sure try issuing ps before the stop and after it and compare

Thank fo your post.

I am absolutely sure that vefore and after the remote stop command the transmission is running since I am able to connect to it through my transmission gui. I have checked it using 'top' command before and after the remote stop but no difference, transmission is up and runing...

#5 2009-08-26 14:12:57

mastervol

regarding .ssh problem:

search the forum, it was discussed earlier but basically you have 2 options:

1)
create user's home shares in /mnt/home, they will survive a reboot.
OR
2)
use scripts to copy back all files/dirs upon boot to the original location

Last edited by mastervol (2009-08-26 14:13:52)

DNS-323     F/W: 1.06  H/W: ??  ffp: 0.5  Drives (normal mode): 1 x 1,5 TB Seagate SATA II ST31500341AS, 1 x 250 GB Western Digital SATA I

Board footer