DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#26 2007-06-11 18:51:16

gbrugg
Member
Registered: 2007-05-22
Posts: 13

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

More questions ....

I have Mldonkey running and confirmed etc - am able to connect via 192.168.1.5:4080

However within the GUI i am unable to get porttest to complete eg timer just keeps going up (bit torrents won't work either).  Nothing at all in the log.  I have checked my sysinfo and setup port forwarding on my router for the bit-torrent and Donkey ports.  Any help appreciated.

Additionally - i am unable to import server.met - says files are downloaded but no servers are added - how do i get this working for eDonkey network?

Thanx

Offline

 

#27 2007-06-12 09:23:57

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

I guess it is better to refer to the MLD page for MLD related questions. smile


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#28 2007-06-12 11:41:25

ultrabrutal
Member
Registered: 2007-06-10
Posts: 22

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

I get a warnings when uploading sh:

ftp> put d:\dns-323\mldonkey-2.8.7-dns-323\mlnet.sh
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for mlnet.sh.
226-WARNING! 25 bare linefeeds received in ASCII mode
   File may not have transferred correctly.
226 Transfer complete.
ftp: 775 bytes sent in 0,00Seconds 775000,00Kbytes/sec.

And then an error when running script:

/mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start # chmod a+x mlnet.sh
/mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start # sh mlnet.sh
mlnet.sh: line 16: syntax error: "else" unexpected

Any ideas? Thanks

Offline

 

#29 2007-06-12 12:28:11

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

ultrabrutal wrote:

I get a warnings when uploading sh:

ftp> put d:\dns-323\mldonkey-2.8.7-dns-323\mlnet.sh
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for mlnet.sh.
226-WARNING! 25 bare linefeeds received in ASCII mode
   File may not have transferred correctly.
226 Transfer complete.
ftp: 775 bytes sent in 0,00Seconds 775000,00Kbytes/sec.

And then an error when running script:

/mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start # chmod a+x mlnet.sh
/mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start # sh mlnet.sh
mlnet.sh: line 16: syntax error: "else" unexpected

Any ideas? Thanks

/mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start # ./mlnet.sh


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#30 2007-06-12 12:45:49

ultrabrutal
Member
Registered: 2007-06-10
Posts: 22

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Thanks for the reply smile

Running script lik that gave no errors but it does not seem to be running looking at the output from PS.  Plus I cannot telnet to it on 127.0.0.1 4000.. And the mldonkey directory was not created either here; /mnt/HD_a2

Any ideas? Tnx!

Offline

 

#31 2007-06-12 12:53:00

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

just create a mldonkey directory under /mnt/HD_a2 as I think I did the if else check wrongly in the released mlnet.sh. Got to search on how to write a shell script. tongue


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#32 2007-06-12 12:54:57

ultrabrutal
Member
Registered: 2007-06-10
Posts: 22

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

nevermind, a reboot started it and now it is running.  tnx! can't wait to play with it

Offline

 

#33 2007-06-12 13:56:45

ultrabrutal
Member
Registered: 2007-06-10
Posts: 22

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

wtf, after installing your software I cannot access the DNS-323 via SMB anymore. FTP still works.. And yes I did not change any settings and yes it's still enabled.

Any idea what can be causing this problem?  Can it be that after mlnet.sh is started nothing else is started?  Should I do the

/mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/bin/mlnet.sh >/dev/null 2>/dev/null </dev/null &

Trick or something? Tnx

Offline

 

#34 2007-06-12 14:15:57

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

ultrabrutal wrote:

wtf, after installing your software I cannot access the DNS-323 via SMB anymore. FTP still works.. And yes I did not change any settings and yes it's still enabled.

Any idea what can be causing this problem?  Can it be that after mlnet.sh is started nothing else is started?  Should I do the

/mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/bin/mlnet.sh >/dev/null 2>/dev/null </dev/null &

Trick or something? Tnx

on default settings of MLD, I encountered the problem once. I tuned down to lower global connection and stuffs and I don't face the problem. Anyway, if you do read the wiki, you might find similar problem and its solution down there at http://dns323.kood.org/information:know … ter_reboot , hence the problem might or might not be due to the MLD.

I am wondering, do ALL users who are using the MLD binary I compiled having samba problem after running MLD?


I guess I will stop releasing future compilations to public.

Last edited by shadowandy (2007-06-12 14:18:21)


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#35 2007-06-12 14:55:55

ultrabrutal
Member
Registered: 2007-06-10
Posts: 22

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

shadowandy wrote:

on default settings of MLD, I encountered the problem once. I tuned down to lower global connection and stuffs and I don't face the problem. Anyway, if you do read the wiki, you might find similar problem and its solution down there at http://dns323.kood.org/information:know … ter_reboot , hence the problem might or might not be due to the MLD.

I have had my DNS for a long time and never had any problems until I installed MLD. (upgraded to 1.03 firmware a week ago)

Wiki, I tried smb restart but it still does not work. I'm pretty sure the problem is MLD. I can easily test this if you want me to (by removing it again, reboot and see if SMB works again)

shadowandy wrote:

I am wondering, do ALL users who are using the MLD binary I compiled having samba problem after running MLD?

Any idea how many uses this?  It's such an important feature for a NAS I think. Everyone should use it smile

shadowandy wrote:

I guess I will stop releasing future compilations to public.

That truely would be sad if you decided to do that. Maybe someone else can chip in and get it running 100% stable?



Here is my fun_plug.log:

Tue Jun 12 11:51:58 GMT 2007
* /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/dropbear.sh not executable...
* /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/inetd.sh not executable...
* /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/lighttpd.sh not executable...
* Running /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/mlnet.sh...
chmod: /mnt/HD_a2/mldonkey/*: No such file or directory
* /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/rsyncd.sh not executable...
* Running /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/startmyfan.sh...
* Running /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/telnetd.sh...
Starting telnetd...
* /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/unfsd.sh not executable...
* Done

I see no indications that anything is going on with SMB. However there is a problem with mlnet.sh. Don't know if it matters or not.


Thanks again for the help and your work on this

Offline

 

#36 2007-06-12 15:18:36

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

My mlnet core has only been running for 5 days so perhaps this is the reason why I have yet to encounter the smb problem. Hopefully the problem comes up so that I can see what is the exact problem.


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#37 2007-06-12 17:04:26

jbirney
Member
Registered: 2007-05-31
Posts: 28

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Hey folks,

another quick question, I added the mlent to my fun_plug:

#
# Start the MLDonkey  Server
#
/mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh 1>>${LOGFILE} 2>&1



But when I reboot the nas MlDonkey is not running. The log shows this:

/bin/sh: Can't open nohup

But when I telnet into the DS-323 and run the same command by hand (/mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh) it works every time.  Do I just need to add a small delay? As its sooo close from working perfrectly for me smile

thanks and sorry for all the questions!

Offline

 

#38 2007-06-12 17:23:47

gbrugg
Member
Registered: 2007-05-22
Posts: 13

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Hi - in response to:

I am wondering, do ALL users who are using the MLD binary I compiled having samba problem after running MLD?

I have had MLD running for nearly 2 days (still to sort out porttest and actually get a download running) but it has been an active process.  I haven't had any smb problems as a result.  Before my MLD install i have periodically seen smb browse problems from my media server but these were either fixed by rebooting my dns or just browsing to volume_1 from a windows pc (i think this sorted it anyway).

I also get the same problem as jbirney and have to start MLD by hand....

Offline

 

#39 2007-06-12 19:33:11

jbirney
Member
Registered: 2007-05-31
Posts: 28

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

gbrugg wrote:

I also get the same problem as jbirney and have to start MLD by hand....

Well I got lucky, I added a 15 second sleep delay and tada its now starting when the NAS is rebooted automagicaly:

#
# Start the MLDonkey  Server
#
echo "Sleeping for 15 seconds..." >>${LOGFILE}
sleep 15
echo "Starting MLDonkey  Server..." >>${LOGFILE}
/mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh 1>>${LOGFILE} 2>&1


I have seen this happen before where you needed to wait for something else to fully start so yes its a hack and I got lucky but I will take it smile

Thanks again ShadowAndy!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jbirney (2007-06-12 19:35:25)

Offline

 

#40 2007-06-13 00:43:33

ultrabrutal
Member
Registered: 2007-06-10
Posts: 22

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

When loading a torrent file, in Sancho, I get disconnected and it does not get added to the list. No idea if this is a bug in MLD or Sancho. Maybe someone knows what's going on

Tnx

Offline

 

#41 2007-06-13 04:30:29

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

jbirney wrote:

gbrugg wrote:

I also get the same problem as jbirney and have to start MLD by hand....

Well I got lucky, I added a 15 second sleep delay and tada its now starting when the NAS is rebooted automagicaly:

#
# Start the MLDonkey  Server
#
echo "Sleeping for 15 seconds..." >>${LOGFILE}
sleep 15
echo "Starting MLDonkey  Server..." >>${LOGFILE}
/mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh 1>>${LOGFILE} 2>&1


I have seen this happen before where you needed to wait for something else to fully start so yes its a hack and I got lucky but I will take it smile

Thanks again ShadowAndy!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome. The sleep is pretty neat. I couldn't figure out why I cant get mlnet to autostart initially with 2.8.5. But it appears to autostart with 2.8.7 for me without the sleep line. Pretty weird. Probably will change the shell script to fonz's format.


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#42 2007-06-13 05:07:44

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Not sure if you all realise that there is a ip blocking feature (using same format as peerguardian, don't know what is peerguardian? Check out peerguardian.sourceforge.net).

Issue vwi to your mlnet core and click download for guarding.p2p portion and after that under options -> ip_blocking. You should see ip blocking information

Last edited by shadowandy (2007-06-13 15:36:04)


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#43 2007-06-14 12:19:50

craft
Member
From: Budapest, Hungary
Registered: 2007-06-14
Posts: 122
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Hi,
I have a problem. The mldonkey core not 100% working on my dns-323, if I start the core from lnx_bin just like shadowandy.
The core is working, i can connect the webpage and i can use sancho.
The problem is - with this core the torrent downloads stops at 98%, and the core cant finish the download.
If i'm starting the core inside etch - another install inside etch - the mldonkey working 100% - and it can finish my torrent donwloads.
Any idea ?

Thank's :

Craft


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

Offline

 

#44 2007-06-14 17:26:20

richneo
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-29
Posts: 77

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

craft wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem. The mldonkey core not 100% working on my dns-323, if I start the core from lnx_bin just like shadowandy.
The core is working, i can connect the webpage and i can use sancho.
The problem is - with this core the torrent downloads stops at 98%, and the core cant finish the download.
If i'm starting the core inside etch - another install inside etch - the mldonkey working 100% - and it can finish my torrent donwloads.
Any idea ?

Thank's :

Craft

youre working at dlink? ^^

i have no problem running it thou my downloada can finish


2xDNS-323 ,1xDNS-313, 1xDNS-343

Offline

 

#45 2007-06-14 17:35:11

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

craft wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem. The mldonkey core not 100% working on my dns-323, if I start the core from lnx_bin just like shadowandy.
The core is working, i can connect the webpage and i can use sancho.
The problem is - with this core the torrent downloads stops at 98%, and the core cant finish the download.
If i'm starting the core inside etch - another install inside etch - the mldonkey working 100% - and it can finish my torrent donwloads.
Any idea ?

Thank's :

Craft

Does it happen for all torrents? Or there are insufficient seeders or peers to have a complete file?

Last edited by shadowandy (2007-06-14 18:09:28)


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#46 2007-06-14 18:58:09

craft
Member
From: Budapest, Hungary
Registered: 2007-06-14
Posts: 122
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

All torrents. It's a little bit funny because - first the torrent download status goes up to 100%, after that goes down to 93~97%
and goes up again, and down again,etc....
Right now i have 3 files in download queue - all the 3 files stoped at 97 % - peers : 40-37-12 peer/torrent, speed 1,5M-0,5M-245K.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

Offline

 

#47 2007-06-14 18:59:53

craft
Member
From: Budapest, Hungary
Registered: 2007-06-14
Posts: 122
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

richneo wrote:

craft wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem. The mldonkey core not 100% working on my dns-323, if I start the core from lnx_bin just like shadowandy.
The core is working, i can connect the webpage and i can use sancho.
The problem is - with this core the torrent downloads stops at 98%, and the core cant finish the download.
If i'm starting the core inside etch - another install inside etch - the mldonkey working 100% - and it can finish my torrent donwloads.
Any idea ?

Thank's :

Craft

youre working at dlink? ^^

i have no problem running it thou my downloada can finish

Yes - for D-Link EE.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

Offline

 

#48 2007-06-14 19:24:56

metronet
Member
Registered: 2007-06-14
Posts: 8

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

First of all I'd like to thank shadowandy for the great contribution, thank you!
I have been running 2.8.7 for about a week or so and I love it smile

I sort of had the samba mount issue on my osx but it was only for the secondary mount - I never had a problem with the primary mount "Volume 0".
As for the BT download not finishing issue, I suggest you setup a cronjob to restart mlnet core everyday - it works for me!

cheers!

Offline

 

#49 2007-06-15 04:48:36

richneo
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-29
Posts: 77

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

craft wrote:

richneo wrote:

craft wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem. The mldonkey core not 100% working on my dns-323, if I start the core from lnx_bin just like shadowandy.
The core is working, i can connect the webpage and i can use sancho.
The problem is - with this core the torrent downloads stops at 98%, and the core cant finish the download.
If i'm starting the core inside etch - another install inside etch - the mldonkey working 100% - and it can finish my torrent donwloads.
Any idea ?

Thank's :

Craft

youre working at dlink? ^^

i have no problem running it thou my downloada can finish

Yes - for D-Link EE.

u might want to pm me ur dlink email so we can communicate =p


2xDNS-323 ,1xDNS-313, 1xDNS-343

Offline

 

#50 2007-06-15 08:18:24

craft
Member
From: Budapest, Hungary
Registered: 2007-06-14
Posts: 122
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

richneo wrote:

craft wrote:

richneo wrote:


youre working at dlink? ^^

i have no problem running it thou my downloada can finish

Yes - for D-Link EE.

u might want to pm me ur dlink email so we can communicate =p

It's in your PM mailbox. smile


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2010 PunBB