DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-02-15 01:26:47

Al3x

Just blinking power led at startup

Hi all,

I live in Italy and I think to have a serious problem with a DNS 323 unit a friend of mine have just bought for me in the US. Before posting I've checked the forum but I didn't find anything related to my problem. When the unit is powered up the fan doesn't starts and the power led turns on and keeps blinking, regardless of whether there is one disk, two disks or no disks in the device. With one or two disks in the device, the drives leds keeps blinking but the hard disks don't spin up. Any suggestions? Do you think it is a faulty unit?

Thanks

Al3x

#2 2008-02-15 07:38:12

orbitaudio

Re: Just blinking power led at startup

Sounds like it isn't booting into the linux distro that is on there - i.e. faulty,

#3 2008-02-17 03:30:35

leftkidney

well I have had mine blink for up to 2 min or more at sometimes

but NO its not broken   read the owners manual it tells you that it is sosposta blink when you power it down     but it does this when powered up as well

we there is also no mention of the reset switch in the owners manual but there it is on the back of the unit in the picture but nothing about it

I wouldnt worry about it unless it never stops like goes for more than 5 min or so

#4 2008-02-18 15:47:16

Al3x

Hi guys, thanks for your replies.

leftkidney wrote:

well I have had mine blink for up to 2 min or more at sometimes

but NO its not broken   read the owners manual it tells you that it is sosposta blink when you power it down     but it does this when powered up as well

we there is also no mention of the reset switch in the owners manual but there it is on the back of the unit in the picture but nothing about it

I wouldnt worry about it unless it never stops like goes for more than 5 min or so

leftkidney, the unit seems unable to boot up as orbitaudio was suggesting. At power on all the leds keep blinking without stopping, the fan doesn't start and the drives don't spin up. I let the leds blink for 30 minutes before cutting off the power because the power and the reset button don't work. sad

Board footer