DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-02-15 16:19:48

craft
Website

Compile programs on the DNS-323

Hi

I have a question : Is it possible to compile programs on the dns-323 ? (i have only windows based computers here no chance for linux sad(( )

I have "etch" on the dns-323, I already installed gcc bison flex,etc... and using the guide "how to cross-compile" from the wiki.
Got all the GPL files too.
What is the next step ? - because the build_uclibc.sh from Fonz program stops

btw, i have the uclibc_arm_root_fs from the uclibc webpage - lookslike same as etch, inside all the required programs and compilers
already installed - the main problem is that this version contains only uclibc-0.9.27 - and on the DNS-323 i have uclibc-0.9.28.
If i'm using this compiler - the compiled programs are not working, because they are compiled in 0.9.27 not in 0.9.28.

Maybe somebody can help me how to build the uclibc compiler in etch ?

thank you.

BR

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

#2 2008-02-15 20:01:52

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

Re: Compile programs on the DNS-323

I'm working on a funplug version that includes a compiler, if that's what you're looking for. Concerning you debian chroot approach, I wouldn't do this - too painful, too slow. If you really want to, make sure you use a gcc 3.4 compiler to build the toolchain (I wonder if ever anyone tried to build an arm-uclibc-toolchain on an arm-glibc system...)

#3 2008-02-16 14:53:59

craft
Website

Yes, this is what i'm looking for.
btw, compile in etch not slow or "painfull" - I already compiled some programs without the uclibc compiler- but they only work only in
DNS-313 (like midnight commander, ctorrent or transmission example).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

#4 2008-02-25 00:44:23

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.5-experimental/

It's so new and different that you better have a serial console. Expect problems.

It's a completely new funplug, with its own uClibc, installed to /mnt/HD_a2/ffp (no fun_plug.d anymore), and linked to /ffp (so you can move the ffp directory). The fun_plug.tar does not contain header files or static libraries, but all the packages have them (install the uclibc package to get libc header files). Install packages with funpkg (without .sh this time, funpkg -r <package name> can remove packages, upgrade doesn't work yet). There're a lot of packages now, but no automatic dependency resolution - install everything or use ldd to find missing libs.

Also, it's no longer compiled for armv5, and might run on the 313, too, if someone figures out an install procedure (I read somewhere, that it doesn't run fun_plug scripts anymore).

#5 2008-02-25 10:55:52

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

fonz wrote:

http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.5-experimental/

PS: I've set up an rsync server, and you can download the whole 0.5-experimental directory with:

Code:

rsync -avP inreto.de::dns323/fun-plug/0.5-experimental .

Board footer