DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-02-25 18:44:51

madmonkey

MlDonkey does not start after reboot with open downloads

I'm using a CH3SNAS with 1.03b6a and MLDonkey 2.9.3 lite realsimple from shadowandy.
No problem with setting up and MLDonkey running fine so far. Now when I have downloads in the queue and the box is restarted MLDonkey does not start any more.
It does not matter if the downloads are paused or running. It also does not matter if the box is rebooted via webinterface, powerbutton or reboot command. As far as I could see there were no logging entries in the mlnet.log after the restart, so MLDonkey does not seem to start at all.
According to the logfile the shutdown of the core before the rebooted seems to be completed.
I also tried to telnet to the unit and checked with the "ps" command, but no mlnet processes running.
Now if I backup the ini files, delete the mldonkey folder, create a new one, copy the ini files back and restart the unit MLDonkey is running fine again.
All temps lost with that naturally. Anyone seen this problem or got a hint what else I could check?

#2 2008-02-25 21:33:35

jules

Re: MlDonkey does not start after reboot with open downloads

I've got a similar issue weeks ago, when i installed for the first time mldonkey.
At reboot, only one mlnet process was shown in the process list and all the connection attempts from shancho were refused. The problem was related to the option ED2K-keep_sources="true". At startup mldonkey verifies all the saved sources, taking the box's cpu usage to 100% until the verification process is concluded (u can wait, but u'll never see the end of it). Every time mldonkey tried a source some lines of log were written in mldonkey/mlnet.log. One Mb of text every 5 seconds. Configuring to "false" that option solved the problem.

Back to your problem, if you launch mlnet.sh at startup, what happens? An error is displayed? What is the content of your mlnet.sh?

CH3SNAS - Black Box Ed. • FW:1.03b6a • 2 x WD5000AAKS

#3 2008-02-26 15:45:30

madmonkey

Does this option also has any influence if only bittorrent is used?
Shadowandy's lite edition only has bittorrent and filetp support enabled and even filetp is disabled on my installation.
I didn't see any error messages or log entries in mlnet.log at all, also not the error you're describing.
I'm using the default mlnet.sh from the package:

#!/bin/sh

###################################################################
# author: shadowandy.sg@gmail.com                  #
# website: http://www.shadowandy.net                  #
#                                  #
# used environment variable to fix running directory instead      #

export MLDONKEY_DIR="/mnt/HD_a2/mldonkey"
export TMPDIR="/mnt/HD_a2/mldonkey/temp"

if [ -d "$MLDONKEY_DIR" ]; then

else
    mkdir $MLDONKEY_DIR
fi
chmod 644 $MLDONKEY_DIR/*
nohup /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mlnet >> /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/logs/mlnet.log &
if [ -d "$MLDONKEY_DIR/incoming" ]; then
    chmod 777 $MLDONKEY_DIR/incoming/
    chmod 777 $MLDONKEY_DIR/incoming/*
fi

#4 2008-02-26 23:55:17

jules

No, it should only be related to edonkey or kademlia. I asked for the script because maybe this issue could be related to weird permission/owner of the folders, lnx_bin or mldonkey, but this appears not to be the case considering that mldonkey is launched as root, so the permissions don't matter at all.
The only thing i can suggest at the moment is to do a diff between the original and a "non-working" mldonkey dir and searching for added files or modified config files (e.g. bittorrent.ini is modified every time a torrent is added, at the beginning of the file there is a list of all the torrent downloaded since installation).

#5 2008-02-27 06:28:23

amunoz_tico

Dear friend,

Hi... I have running three major applications on my DNS-323 and I don't any problem with them after any reboot.  I have running "Firefly Media Server", "MLDonkey Server", and "Twonky Media Server".

NOTE 1 = I installed "MLDonkey Server" from this website:  http://www.shadowandy.net/_html/archive … ns323.html

Let's go and review the files.

First, the last part of my fun_plug looks like this:

wrote:

# "Start Twonky Media Server"
/mnt/HD_a2/starttwonky.sh

# "Start MLDonkey Server"
/mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh

# "Star Firefly Server"
/mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mt-daapd -f -c /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mt-daapd.conf

NOTE 2 :  The Firefly command must be the last one.  When you move the execute command to other line, for instance, just before MLDonkey's line, the MLDonkey's line won't be executed !  I don't know why, but this happen to me.

Second, my mlnet.sh file looks like yours.

wrote:

#!/bin/sh

# author: shadowandy.sg@gmail.com                  #
# website: http://www.shadowandy.net                  #
#                                  #
# used environment variable to fix running directory instead      #

export MLDONKEY_DIR="/mnt/HD_a2/mldonkey"
export TMPDIR="/mnt/HD_a2/mldonkey/temp"

if [ -d "$MLDONKEY_DIR" ]; then

else
    mkdir $MLDONKEY_DIR
fi
chmod 644 $MLDONKEY_DIR/*
nohup /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mlnet >> /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/logs/mlnet.log &
if [ -d "$MLDONKEY_DIR/incoming" ]; then
    chmod 777 $MLDONKEY_DIR/incoming/
    chmod 777 $MLDONKEY_DIR/incoming/*
fi

So, what now?

1- Open a Telnet session to your DNS-323.  I enabled Telnet access to my DNS-323 with the directions that are this link:  http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.4  For me, this works better than other
2- From the Telnet session, type   "ls /mnt/HD_a2 -l"  the command will show you the permissions of all the folders and files in the main folder.   My "mldonkey" folder has the following permissions:    "drwxrwxrwx    9   root   root... "
3- Go where the "mldonkey" folder is located, type "cd /mnt/HD_a2"
4- Change the permissions with this command, type "chmod 777 mldonkey"
5- Review that the permissions have been changed:   "ls -l"      The "mldonkey" should have the following permissions "drwxrwxrwx" now.
6- Review the fun_plug file.   You could edit the "fun_plug" with  "Notepad++"  (downloaded from http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm)
7- Finally, reboot the DNS-323

If you want to install Twonky Media, you could follow this directions (enable Telnet as I showed before):
  http://dns323.kood.org/howto:twonkyupnpserver

other alternative is:
  http://boardsus.playstation.com/playsta … amp;page=1

And the Firefly could be installed based on this website (I followed the "Standalone - The Easy Way, Method 1 Use WinRAR and FTP Access):
  http://dns323.kood.org/howto:firefly

Regards!

Last edited by amunoz_tico (2008-02-27 06:46:06)

#6 2008-02-27 15:04:13

jules

Reading the good post of amunoz_tico, one question come to mind, i should have asked it before, madmonkey, is mldonkey starting automatically after a reboot with no item in the transfer list?
To load it at startup, i created a symbolic link under start/ and made it executable. Modifying the funplug as amunoz_tico has done is another option.

#7 2008-02-28 12:31:27

madmonkey

Yes, mldonkey is starting up with no items in the transfer queue after first install and every reboot without problems.
Also if the mldonkey dir was deleted and recreated after it's stuck.
I've only seen this behaviour when I had downloads in the queue.
As described I'm using shadowandy's package (as also in amunoz_tico's link) which already comes with a modified fonz' funplug (ver. 0.3) to start the mlnet.sh.
Telnetting to the unit was working, so funplug itself was running, only executing ps did not show any mlnet processes running and no information about a start of mlnet at all in mlnet.log.

Board footer