DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-03-08 15:38:44

ojve

shell user management

I've been trying this, but I can't get it to work properly. Is there anyone wo could tell me the basics of managing user access to the DNS-323 from the shell?

I am able to get the ssh acces to work for different accounts, but I can't seem to get the changes to propagate to where it needs to be to affect regular ftp access. None of the users I create from the shell are able to login using regular ftp. Also, is there any way to prevent a certain user from logging in by ssh?

If I want to create a read-only ftp-user I could just mount the appropriate part of the filesystem in their home folder as read-only and deny them access by ssh right?

I am using firmware 1.04 and fonz 0.3.

Please help!

//T

#2 2008-03-12 23:22:00

ojve

Re: shell user management

Ok, after almost tearing my hair out I have finally found out the answer, in the end it was really simple. In case anyone is interested I'll share it with you:

All you have to do is you have to assign the passwords using passwd but change the algorithm used to encrypt the password using the -a des option.

//T

Last edited by ojve (2008-03-12 23:24:20)

Board footer