DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-03-11 17:29:18

frol38

Reconnect drives automatic

Hi, my DNS-323 is working excellent, but I have one problem. It wont reconnect when I log on (Windows XP Proffesional)

I have tried several different options
use net z: \\nas\hdd_1 My_password /user:My_user /persistant:yes

as well as Tool / Map Network Drive with same settings as above and Recoonect at logon checked and Connect useing a different user name enabled with valid userid and password 

Every thing work fine the first time but when I restart Windows it won't logon to the NAS. If I double click on the device in explorer the the correct user name shows up and when I type in the password the device reconnects.

I want this to be automatic and I don't understand why it doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated

BR/Olle

#2 2007-03-11 21:56:50

frol38

Re: Reconnect drives automatic

I just found out that it works if user id and password on XP match those on the NAS :-)

Last edited by frol38 (2007-03-11 21:57:07)

#3 2007-04-02 17:40:51

MichaelDJJohnson
Website

I use a program called MAPDRIVE.EXE which gives me the same result.

#4 2008-03-24 23:45:12

cellana

I too am having this problem: When I restart my computer, the mapped network drive that is my DNS-323 does not automatically reconnect.  I too have tried adding a batch file as described above to my startup folder with no luck.  If I run the same batch file manually after the computer is started, it successfully reconnects the network drive.  (I've tried the IP address of the DNS or the name in the batch file. Yes, the ip address is fixed. Yes, I checked off the auto reconnect box when I made the network drive originally.  Yes, I selected the option to have a different username and password when I made the network drive origially)   

I think that the batch file is running before my wireless connects?  I tried the /PERSISTENT:YES switch to no avail

Anyway, I don't want a password on my laptop and I'm not having much luck with the mapdrive.exe.

Does anybody have any suggestions for getting my laptop to automatically reconnect my mapped network drive?

#5 2008-03-25 10:53:13

sjmac

What version of Windows are you running? What firmware on the DNS323?

Does this help?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283492/en-us

Where that page talks about Windows 95 or 98 computers it means your DNS323.

Note that some of the "Home" versions of Windows deliberately don't remember passwords after a reboot (probably to annoy business users in to buying a more expensive version).
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281660/en-us

#6 2008-03-25 11:15:50

cellana

thanks sjmac,

I'm running winxp home sp2.  My dns-323 firmware is 1.04

the first link does not apply to me.  The second link may, as i have winxp home.  I'm too tired to check this out now, but I'll look into it in the morning.

I may have found a workaround using BackupGenie.  It allows you to run commands before the backup.  I pointed it towards the batch file and it seems to work, but I'd rather not be tied to backupgenie.  I'm using the trial right now

Board footer