DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-04-05 04:41:21

graffix

fonz fun_plug doesn't work at all

Hi everyone, I am a basic linux user, but mostly windows. Any help here would be appreciated, I am at my wit's end.

I have been using a dns-323 in the stock configuration for 5 months now and love it.  I decided to add the fonz fun_plug recently and really regret it.  I wanted to achieve torrent and webserver functionality, but have not even been able to telnet. 

I copied the files into the root of Volume_1 and rebooted, trying fonz's .4 first and after that not working changing to .3 

Trying to telnet with putty portable I get Connection closed by remote host and then Network Error, connection refused. 

The discs (one TB, on 250 gb) spin up randomly and come and go as they please, and I have noticed that now I have the problem some have reported in having an unstable samba, having to touch the settings for them to be available again after reboot.

Even if I delete the files, the strange behavior persists.  Any ideas?  thanks

#2 2008-04-05 05:17:16

blbrown
Website

Re: fonz fun_plug doesn't work at all

Did you try putting the fun_plug files on Volume_2?  Sometimes they get reversed if you installed them from left side to right side.  (Normally, the primary disk is the right slot on the DNS-323, but some things get switched around if you put a disk in the left side first.)

#3 2008-04-05 05:48:28

graffix

Re: fonz fun_plug doesn't work at all

positively brilliant!  I have been working on this for a long time now and it seems to have worked!  Thank you so much!

Is there any downside to leaving the volumes backwards?

Board footer