DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-04-19 21:26:47

kenyloveg

Cannot login through SSH with Putty

I cannot log into my DNS 323 through SSH with Putty. I'm running fon'z 0.5 funplug.
I set password under telent for root by "passwd" and "store-passwd.sh" to save it to nvram.
I started SSH daemon by "sh /ffp/start/sshd.sh start"
When I try to log in with Putty, enter "root" for user and "my-password" to auth, it says "Access Denied".
So what's the procedure to correct it? How to make this effective everytime when i reboot?
Thanks.

Edited:
Change topic to "How to reset/clear password stored in nvram"
Ok, i'm still stucked on this.
Anybody help? How can i clear or reset the password stored in nvram? BTW, i can log in with root and my password via telnet.

Last edited by kenyloveg (2008-04-22 15:24:31)

#2 2008-04-20 02:11:25

skel

Re: Cannot login through SSH with Putty

There is a setting in the openssh configuration file that controls whether or not root is granted login privileges.

Look in the file /ffp/etc/ssh/sshd_config. There should be a property called "PermitRootLogin". Make sure that it is either set to yes, or that the line is preceded with the character '#', in which case the default behavior should kick in. I believe the default behavior is to grant root login access, and I'm pretty sure that's how the fun_plug was configured out of the box. Nevertheless, I'd check the file to make sure, it sounds to me like root login is disabled. Note that if you change the config file, you'll either need to reboot the machine or restart sshd for the changes to stick.

Personally, I would leave root login turned off, and just issue the su command if you need to do any admin chores while logged in as a different user.

-skel

#3 2008-04-20 07:59:57

kenyloveg

skel, thanks for yor reply.
I've checked the sshd_config and made sure "PermitRootLogin" is set to "yes".
I'm still getting "access denied" after i enter the password to authenticate. Should be somewhere else blocked the procedure.

#4 2008-04-22 15:25:07

kenyloveg

Edited:
Change topic to "How to reset/clear password stored in nvram"
Ok, i'm still stucked on this.
Anybody help? How can i clear or reset the password stored in nvram? BTW, i can log in with root and my password via telnet.

#5 2008-04-24 13:03:23

kenyloveg

Hello, anybody can help me out?

Board footer