DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-05-28 00:40:03

jasonp

DSM-G600 as a email server

Has anyone successfully setup the DSM as an email server (pop3 and smtp - both inbound and outbound), if so which MTA works best?  I want to use the box as a standalone low power integrated email appliance.

I've been attempting to cross compiler xmail v1.25 (due to it's small running footprint and ease of configuration), but have run into quite a number of linking problems getting the cross compiler up and running under Gentoo (i686), and with the powerpc uclibc toolchain (e.g. missing ssl and crypto libraries, etc.).   I've attempted using OpenSSL with some success to fix the missing libraries but am now stuck in needing to move a fair number of uclibc shared libraries (e.g. libstdc.so.5 etc.) onto the DSM.   Does this seem correct, is there a simpler way?

#2 2008-05-29 18:19:50

jasonp

Re: DSM-G600 as a email server

I've now got xmail and openssl cross compiled and deployed onto the DSM.  Once I've configured and got it working I will send in the details (xmail requires some tweaks to the Makefile to compile, has no ./configure capability).   

Looking at DoveCot (for IMAP) and PHP based webmail plugins to Lighty as well.

Board footer