DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-03-05 16:33:47

votum

Problems Utorrent - DNS-323

Hi.

Every time I try to download directly to disc on the DNS-323 using UTorrent I get an error message after approx 1 - 2 hours into download. "There are not enough system resources available to complete this operation".

I just talked to D-link support and they could not help me. Why am I not surprised? Their solution; try another computer and/or another BitTorrent program.

Anybody know what the issue might be here?

#2 2007-03-05 21:17:52

ondro727

Re: Problems Utorrent - DNS-323

I may have similar issue - when transfering lot of data (particulary big files) via wireless connection, the transfer is often stopped after some time with "not enough storage - disk full" error (both using windows explorer and Total Commander with different transfer method). It never happens when I use wired connection (from other computer or from notebook using ethernet). It has no specific pattern, it looks to be random. So I think you may have the same problems, that after some time the connection is disrupted by sort of "disk full" error. Are you using wireless or wired connection to DNS323?

I personally gave up using DNS323 for uTorrent downloads via wifi... sad

#3 2007-03-05 21:27:14

votum

I'm using a wired connection when I get this error message. Maybe it could be something in the router that's causing this? I'm using a D-Link DIR-635

#4 2007-03-05 22:00:25

kimhav
Website

Usually when I get this kind of error, for example Acronis backup, I get this kind only when using wireless and the wifi drops for a second or so. Then Acronis complaints about not enought space on the disk. So guess when it can't locate it after init work have started is thinks that the disk is full.

Kim Haverblad
Klagshamn, Sweden
http://kim.haverblad.se

#5 2007-03-06 04:05:14

ondro727

kimhav wrote:

Usually when I get this kind of error, for example Acronis backup, I get this kind only when using wireless and the wifi drops for a second or so. Then Acronis complaints about not enought space on the disk. So guess when it can't locate it after init work have started is thinks that the disk is full.

...exactly the same in my case. Strange thing is that it NEVER happens when I transfer files from notebook to PC (same router, same wifi), but it occurs regulary when transfering from notebook to DNS323. So appearently it is not the problem of the connection itself (it SHOULD hande these dropouts normally) and I suspect DNS323 to be "the casue" sad As I said, I gave up both uTorrent/DNS323 and big file transfer notebook/PC using wifi, since I couldn't find a solution. Inconvenient, but one can live with it, having one "spare" ethernet cable ready big_smile

#6 2007-03-06 10:21:47

KRH
Website

i guess its a problem whit the samba have somebody tryed to do it in a chroot ?

First user to fun_plug the dns-323.

#7 2007-03-06 23:03:06

ketran

there is a problem within the dns-323 somewhere

if i use WMP to stream a movie or even just listening to music, it will pause 2 or 3 times per song for up to 30 seconds each time.. if i use ethereal to look whats happening... after the 30 second dropout of no traffic... a TCP retransmission will appear, so it just looks like a dropped packet using wireless, but the DNS-323 takes too long to send it again

the funny thing is this also happens on a wired connection, although not so much

but if i use something like TVersity to stream media that appears to stream in advance and so the lost packets don't affect my experience, but there is nothing worse than having gaps and pauses in songs for no reason whatsoever

but it could just be how WMP/vista handles talking to the dns-323.... i won't know for sure till they support vista fully.

Board footer