DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-10-01 08:07:13

BobbyCarbn

Success with two Seagate 1.5TB (ST31500341AS) drives stand alone mode

I have successfully formatted both Seagate 1.5 TB Drives as separate volumes.  Both mount and I can move files back and forth easily.  They both show up as having 1.34 TB free.

I did however have a couple of snags using firmware 1.05 when formatting them.  The first time I formatted the progress screen hung at 94%, I left it alone for about an hour, came back, reset the unit and when I logged back in it told me it was ready to format my second drive.  I then repeated the previous process, it hung at 94%, left it alone for another hour, reset the unit and viola, both drives were ready for data.   I have yet to try and format them as Raid 1, as I am not sure if I want to go through this whole process again.  I may ditch the Raid 1 support (wait for firmware support of these drives and go with a script to copy the data from one drive to another using funplug and rsync.

The temp of the unit is reporting 118-120F with no load. 

I will report back if I get Raid1 to work.

by the way, I was using my Macbook to view the DNS web interface to format the drives and tried Safari (Version 4) the first time and Firefox (3.03) the second.  Both browsers required me to hard reset the unit after hanging at 94%.

BC

Board footer