DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-11-02 02:46:54

puterboy

BackupPC funpkg

I have compiled a fun package for BackupPC 3.10.1 that simplifies the installation outlined in http://dns323.kood.org/howto:backuppc since you no longer need to compile the backuppc perl package.

In fact assuming you have installed the basic fun_plug package, you only need to do the following:

Install the following fun packages:
            perl-5.10-2.tgz (which in turn requires: db42-4.2.52-1.tgz)
            perl-mod-Compress-Zlib-2.011-1.tgz

You still need to install the Rsync perl module though one day I will probably make a fun package for that.

Then install my backuppc funpkg module (it places all the files in 'standard' ffp places in the directory tree)
The only config change you need to do is to change the host name in /ffp/etc/BackupPC/config.pl from 'raider' to the name of your host. It appears two places in that file:
/ffp/etc/BackupPC/config.pl:$Conf{ServerHost} = 'raider';
/ffp/etc/BackupPC/config.pl:$Conf{CgiURL} = 'http://raider/cgi-bin/BackupPC_Admin';

Hope this is helpful...

Attachments:
Attachment Icon BackupPC-3.1.0.jjk-1.tgz, Size: 433,519 bytes, Downloads: 395

#2 2008-11-02 02:50:34

puterboy

Re: BackupPC funpkg

Several small caveats:
- I have not tested it yet with the cgi (web interface) portion.
- If you want to use the web interface you still need to install and configure Lighttpd (see the howto for details)
- You of course still need to do the standard config.pl configuration to tell BackupPC what hosts to backup and when, etc. (again see the howto for some basic configuration or see the backuppc doc pages for all the details)

#3 2008-11-28 18:39:33

PlaneTeeR

Hey,

I'm following your guide to install backuppc, but i'm stuck at perl rsync.

I'm trying to compile it by invoking the make prog, never done that on the ch3snas. I'm basic linux user so don't have much experience.

Do i need to cross-compile or something? I would be easier if someone has a package tongue.

The error i receive i've added.

thanks PlaneTeeR

Attachments:
Attachment Icon error, Size: 34,085 bytes, Downloads: 296

#4 2008-12-01 08:04:18

puterboy

I believe that the rsync package requires a full compile (or cross-compile) environment -- I have not yet compiled it since I actually run BackupPC off of my Linux server and store it all on my dns-323 using NFS.
I compiled the basic BackupPC package mostly for some troubleshooting and using some of the library routines and binaries for other uses

#5 2009-03-19 14:01:18

log2g

@PlaneTeeR,

You have to install some packages (BackupPc dependencies)

Code:

rsync -av inreto.de::dns323/fun-plug/0.5/packages .
rsync -av inreto.de::dns323/fun-plug/0.5/extra-packages/All/perl* .
funpkg -i /mnt/HD_a2/packages/*

This code would resolve your problems,

Laurent.

Board footer