DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-03-30 23:41:27

pic

some of my files doesn't show up

i have a dns-323 and a d-link media player 320rd.

some of my files doesn't show up when i browse "videos" on the dns - but do show up when browsing my pc's media server.

i've tried updating firmware (on both devices), rebooting and every other thing i could think of. hopefully one of you have an answer... big_smile

//pic

ps. i'm sorry if this has already been answered in another post, but i haven't been able to find it. nice forum btw - though i'm not sure if i want to try any of the "experiments" in here big_smile

#2 2007-03-31 00:55:10

pic

Re: some of my files doesn't show up

just out of curiosity i decided to switch off my itunes server, and the files appeared on my 320rd... wierd?

//pic

#3 2007-04-02 16:34:19

MichaelDJJohnson
Website

You are not alone... I have the same problem. I have photos, music and videos all stored on my DNS-323 and can be accessed by my 320RD but if I decide to add new media such as Photos, Videos, Etc... the new additions can not be seen? Why is this I ask? If anyone can help us please let us know.

Have tried to contact D-Link customer support and after a 45 minutes wait the indian based advisor tells me she doesn't know what I'm talking about... great!!!

#4 2007-04-02 19:32:51

pic

it turns out that the itunes server disable trick didn't solve my problem...

the only way i can "reload contents" on my 320rd is by turning the UPnP AV server off and then on again i think. that eventually solved the problem yesterday big_smile

*still waiting for a solution*

#5 2007-04-02 19:41:11

Aaron

Are you guys simply adding the data and trying to find it through the upnp server? even though the UPNP server is on and starts up at bootup, it does not re-scan your directories for new items. You need to click the Refresh button ont he UPNP Av page for it to updated your library.

_Aaron

#6 2007-04-03 00:10:52

Tester

Another reason could be, that the integrated upnp server do not support these types of media.

I experienced that while trying ushare and twonkymedia.

#7 2007-04-03 18:26:25

MichaelDJJohnson
Website

Ideally what it needs is a media library refresh routine on the same lines as the media server program TVersity http://www.tversity.com/

#8 2007-04-03 23:35:54

pic

Aaron wrote:

Are you guys simply adding the data and trying to find it through the upnp server? even though the UPNP server is on and starts up at bootup, it does not re-scan your directories for new items. You need to click the Refresh button ont he UPNP Av page for it to updated your library.

you're absolutely right... i'm kinda stupid and can't figure out why i need to click the "rescan" button. my problem is that i don't want to turn on my computer from time to time when the server needs to be rescanned.

i haven't dl tversity - but i think i might have a look at it...

Board footer