DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-12-01 17:26:48

alaindj

Too low performances (files reading)

Hi !

I'm using the DNS-323 (500Mb samsung HD RAID1) for 2 days, set in 100Mb and behind a Linksys WRT54GC router.
No problem with files copy from PC (WinXP PRO SP2) to NAS (7.3Mo/s)
No problem to read media files (vids) with my uPNP client (wireless network)
But....
After mapping the share (without pb), impossible to read or copy files from NAS to my PC....I tried to do it with a 133Mo file and after 2mins waiting (like a freeze), the copy started with 60-70Ko/sec max speed (!!!!)...yes i wrote KO !...

...and no problem with reading files from the Mac of my wife (wireless network)

so what's wrong ?

Do i need to download EXT2 driver even i using classical mapping from XP ?
Is the NAS set in 100Mb FULL DUPLEX by default ?

2nd pb with FTP...the server runs ok but when i want to download a file, an win error message appears and indicate te operation is impossible...(don't remember the real message) !!??? I'll verify the secuity rules on router next time.

Many thanx for your help !

bye.

Last edited by alaindj (2008-12-01 17:40:30)

#2 2008-12-01 18:29:52

jesbo

Re: Too low performances (files reading)

On your PC, after trying to read / write files to the NAS, open a command window and type "netstat -e".  Look at the error count and see if you are seeing transmission errors.  If so, you could have a problem with your PC's ethernet connection to the router - possible things to check:

1) Duplex mismatch
2) bad port on the router
3) faulty ethernet cable.

DNS-323 (H/W ver. B1) |  2 x 1 TB WD Caviar Black (Raid 1) | Corsair Flash Voyager - 16 GB USB | FW 1.08 | fun_plug 0.5

#3 2008-12-01 20:55:45

alaindj

Re: Too low performances (files reading)

hi !

I tried to change the cable and the port but the rate transfert stay the same...
I lauch a netstat -a, there were 3 errors before testing reading file...and no more errors after...

YEEEAAHHH i've just  found what cause these problems...but it's weird !
My NIC was forced in 100Mb FULL DUPLEX, i just tried the full autonegociation....and i works ! i don't like this mode but it runs perfecty (9Mo/s)
don't know how and why !

Thanx
Bye.

Board footer