DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#251 2009-01-14 15:58:54

Iznakurnog

Re: [REL] Transmission 1.3

lividhatter wrote:

Iznakurnog wrote:

Hi guys here and KyleK !
I'm really appreciate your great work !  Have upgraded from 1.40 - > 1.42  Working fine up to now except one thing .... web interface disconnects from server every now and then (wih "disconnected" pop up message) and I have to do manual refresh ...  Opera 9 .. I could think they introduce some timeout for GUI but times between disconnects are very different so I'd rather think they introduce new bug sad
There are no any corresponding messages in transmission log. Does anyone have same behaviour ? any ideas ?
Another point  - CPU load is now in 50-90 % with only 15 torrents (three downloading other seeding) Frankly say I didn't look at this parameter before ...
Does transmission become  more heavy-weighted with new version ? what do you think ?
Thanks in advance smile

I am having the same problem. Everything was working fine before and now I occassionally get the pop-up that says you have been disconnected from clutch.

The problem with spontaneous disconnections has gone for me by itself. Probably it had been caused by router which stopped responding in several days after I posted the message. Got back to life only after cold restart. After that I didn't see the pop-up ever again. So you can try to restart router too .... anyway now I mainly use another remote GUI ( http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/) to control transmission which is very nice and infomative though lacks some handy abilities like "pause all", "resume all" sad

#252 2009-01-14 17:53:21

index monkey

Iznakurnog - It does,have Pause All and Start All, click on the 'Torrent' menu and there is "Stop All Torrents" and "Start All Torrents"
also you can right click on the tray icon and stop and start all torrents too.

This Transmission Remote GUI is sweet! selecting files from torrents and setting file priorities and per torrent bandwidth control.

Last edited by index monkey (2009-01-22 12:39:20)

DNS-323, HW B1, 2 x 2TB WD green, fw 1.08, fun_plug 0.5, transmission, automatic, nzbget newsreader & rsync time machine backup.

#253 2009-01-15 04:41:10

cliaz
Website

Pjanssen wrote:

I'm sure that using individual IP addresses on the whitelist is quite safe, but I don't find it all that practical. For one, I might not necessarily know the IP address of a place I'm going to where I'd like to use clutch before I go there.
I guess one could allow all IP addresses by adding a * entry in the whitelist? But that makes me wonder, how safe is it to only have the username + password protection?

What I've done to avoid the whitelist issue (in fact, I have the whitelist disabled which is perhaps silly, but meh) is VNC in, or SSH in, and then access clutch via the local network.

the two options there are:
VNC - involves having a pc running with (generally) port 5900 forwarded to it that you can connect to and control, then using that pc access clutch
SSH - the DNS has an ssh server on it, so forward port 23 to your DNS, set up an SSH tunnel (longish and slightly off topic, if you're interested I'll write up how) and then you're once again accessing your local network, and can use clutch.

Cirip wrote:

cliaz wrote:

check out http://www.horto.ca/?p=21 it should help with your first problem

Hoe can I run this GUI from web?

do you mean externally? as in, accessing it from outside your network?
Check the first post of this thread, it mentions something along those lines - adding allowed IPs. What you'd then need to do is forward whatever port is being used (default 9091) to your NAS, and then you can access it externally...

Dear Cliaz!

Thanks for your help!

My first problem solved, succesfully.

I mean my second question this:
How can I use that new GUI instead of the basic transmisison gui?
I find a windows exe and a source code and a linux file without extension in the download section.
So Can I use the linux version?

Sorry If my questions aren't precizious.

Thanx again!

If I'm reading that correctly (I'm at work and didn't enable ssh/vnc today, so can't muck around with it), that program only runs on your computer, not the DNS.
When you start it, it asks you to connect to a Transmission client (daemon)
http://www.cliaz.net/files/clutch_gui.JPG

In that, you put in the IP and port, and connect, nice and easy
If you're trying to using this program from outside your home network, you'll have to once again add the external IP to the whitelist - or ssh/vnc in -, forward port 9091 to the DNS, and then connect like that.

Not 100% on the username/password parts of it, I don't bother setting them because I'm a) lazy, b) stupidly trusting, and c) only access clutch locally/via VNC

edit: grammar

Last edited by cliaz (2009-01-15 04:43:05)

#254 2009-01-15 09:08:51

Cirip

Hi Cliaz!

Thanks again!

I use the windows version of that GUI.
But I see there is a linux version in the download menu of the website.
My question is: Can I use that linux version in my NAS?

And I have a new question not just for Cliaz:

Is it means any bad things?
---[ last dmesg log ]---
transmission-da: page allocation failure. order:2, mode:0x20

I running transmission 1.42. I't seem running without problem the downloading and uploading works.

Last edited by Cirip (2009-01-15 09:10:10)

#255 2009-01-15 19:34:28

InfernoX

I am also getting dmesg transmission-da: page allocation failure. order:1, mode:0x20
I am also using Transmission 1.42..
My downloads seem abit slow for some reason, like they go on and off, but maby it is the 1.06 firmware or whatnot.

#256 2009-01-16 06:46:11

cliaz
Website

Cirip wrote:

I use the windows version of that GUI.
But I see there is a linux version in the download menu of the website.
My question is: Can I use that linux version in my NAS?

uhh...I must say I'm slightly confused here. That GUI is just a tool which will connect to clutch on the NAS, and present the information in a different way - well, and add some more control over certain aspects, but that's a tangent.
You know how you normally browse to the clutch screen - http://192.168.1.4:9091/transmission/web/ - and you see all the torrents? effectively, this GUI is just doing that for you, and displaying it differently.

So, you can't put that tool IN to your NAS because there's nothing it can DO on the NAS, because you're not accessing the Linux distro on there via GUI.

The Linux version is just there so that users who use linux on their computer (instead of using Windows like you do, or Macs like others do), can use the tool also. It's not designed for the NAS.

#257 2009-01-16 09:09:34

Iznakurnog

index monkey wrote:

Iznakurnog - It does,have Pause All and Start All, click on the 'Torrent' menu and there is "Stop All Torrents" and "Start All Torrents"

This Transmission Remote GUI is sweet! selecting files from torrents and setting file priorities and per torrent bandwidth control.

Yes. You're right. Fine ! How could i miss it... Thanks smile

#258 2009-01-17 20:35:37

tconciello

Help please, relatively new, so any help would be appreciated. I upgraded 1.42 and now I get the following error messages when attepting to connect to : http://192.168.1.102:9091/transmission/web/

401: Unauthorized

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

my config file is listed below:

{
    "blocklist-enabled": 0,
    "download-dir": "\/mnt/HD_a2/BT/torrents",
    "download-limit": 100,
    "download-limit-enabled": 0,
    "encryption": 1,
    "max-peers-global": 200,
    "peer-port": 51413,
    "pex-enabled": 1,
    "port-forwarding-enabled": 0,
    "rpc-authentication-required": 0,
    "rpc-password": "",
    "rpc-port": 9091,
    "rpc-username": "",
    "rpc-whitelist-enabled": 0,
    "rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,192.168.1.26",
    "upload-limit": 100,
    "upload-limit-enabled": 0
}

Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error when I am connecting to the GUI?

#259 2009-01-18 16:38:54

Stroker

tconciello wrote:

your accessing the WEB GUI on a different IP rather than 192.168.1.26. either remove the whitelist or login using 192.168.1.26.

#260 2009-01-19 19:06:44

lividhatter

1.5 was released.

#261 2009-01-19 19:50:39

KyleK

lividhatter wrote:

1.5 was released.

Are you sure?
The website mentions only 1.50 beta 2, and the bug tracker doesn't show a version change either.

No worries, I'm closely following the development and will release any new version as soon as it is available :)

#262 2009-01-19 21:48:40

lividhatter

Oh you are correct. I am sorry. 1.42 has been causing me lots of problems, so when i saw 1.5 i came right back here and posted.

Does it seem like 1.42 downloads much slower then the previous version?

#263 2009-01-20 06:31:54

abubin

where can get 1.5 beta2??

#264 2009-01-20 07:08:06

zxsix

as torrents complete and are saved into the /mnt/HD_a2/downloads folder, the owner on all newly created files is 'noboby'.
Is there a way I can change the default owner to 'zxsix' instead?   This keeps me from being able to delete these folders via windows file explorer.

If I do a chown zxsix * -R  on the nas box, then I can delete the folders via windows but have to do that each time unless I can get the default ownership set up correctly.

#265 2009-01-20 07:19:44

bobbyincognito

KyleK wrote:

lividhatter wrote:

1.5 was released.

Are you sure?
The website mentions only 1.50 beta 2, and the bug tracker doesn't show a version change either.

No worries, I'm closely following the development and will release any new version as soon as it is available smile

Hi KyleK,

I just wanted to say thank you for compiling these releases for us.  I recently got my DNS-323 after a buddy of mine was telling me about he was streaming files to his 360 using his PC and TVersity. Keep up the good work.

#266 2009-01-20 10:02:52

KyleK

abubin wrote:

where can get 1.5 beta2??

The source is available at www.transmissionbt.com

I'll compile a new package for the DNS-323/CH3SNAS once the stable release is out (shouldn't be too long).

#267 2009-01-20 10:05:24

KyleK

zxsix wrote:

as torrents complete and are saved into the /mnt/HD_a2/downloads folder, the owner on all newly created files is 'noboby'.
Is there a way I can change the default owner to 'zxsix' instead?   This keeps me from being able to delete these folders via windows file explorer.

If I do a chown zxsix * -R  on the nas box, then I can delete the folders via windows but have to do that each time unless I can get the default ownership set up correctly.

Yes, you can change the name of the owner in the startup script (/ffp/start/transmission.sh)

Please note that once you changed the name there, you have to change the owner of all configuration files and all currently downloading files as well:

Code:

/ffp/start/transmission.sh stop
<change the username in the script>
chown -R zxsix /mnt/HD_a2/.transmission-daemon
chown -R zxsix /mnt/HD_a2/downloads
/ffp/start/transmission.sh start

#268 2009-01-22 09:32:28

InfernoX

For some reason, my transmission doesnt download stuff anymore.
I have tried different sites, and I have the port set correctly.

#269 2009-01-22 16:40:37

abubin

first of all, thanks for this great guide and compiling transmission. I managed to get it installed and tested it. Verdict, it is unable to bypass throttling of torrents by my ISP. Dang.

Does 1.5 have any improvement on enryption over 1.42? If yes then it would be good news. Hmm...perhaps I should ask this in transmission forum.

#270 2009-01-31 01:16:56

abro

Stroker wrote:

tconciello wrote:

your accessing the WEB GUI on a different IP rather than 192.168.1.26. either remove the whitelist or login using 192.168.1.26.

And how do you remove the whitelist?
I just got the DNS-323 and am a total linux newbie. I installed the fonz funplug with these instructions http://nas-tweaks.net/CH3SNAS:Tutorials/fun_plug
and got the telnet access, opened the ssd access and left telnet open to be sure. Then I downloaded all fonz funplug packages http://nas-tweaks.net/CH3SNAS:Tutorials/ffp-packages by fonz with these options and updated the ones that were skipped manually. I even updated the funpkg.tgz to a never version...
Now I can use funpkg and was able to install transmission via telnet but when using ssd it says funpkg not found... What could this be?

I've managed to get the transmission to start up on boot, but everything else is pretty much wrong now.. I can't set the whitelist right because when i type "2. Type "transmission-daemon -f -g <configdir> -t -u <username> -v <password> -a 127.0.0.*"" It says couldn't bind to port 54353 because it is already in use...
Should i re-install transmission or...?
I have set chmod a+x transmission.sh, was that a wrong thing to do?

Anyway, I'm lost, and perhaps too tired to think right now. I'll appreciate any help.

#271 2009-02-01 18:55:37

romanl

I am trying to add stopping transmission-daemon at defined time.
For this I've added following using crontab -e (telnet session to ffp installed telnet)
0 0 * * * /ffp/start/transmission.sh stop >/mnt/HD_a2/transmission.log

The created log file says: "Stopping transmission-daemon" but nothing gets actually done.
Could you point me where I am wrong with the script?

#272 2009-02-01 20:03:44

toolbox

romanl wrote:

For this I've added following using crontab -e (telnet session to ffp installed telnet)

The created log file says: "Stopping transmission-daemon" but nothing gets actually done.

what does .transmission-deamon/transmission-daemon.log say?

#273 2009-02-02 16:50:07

abro

Hey. Where can I get the transmission 1.34.tgz? That's the one I need anyway, since 1.42 is banned on HDBits. I hope i'll have better luck installing that...
At what point is the settings.json created? I can't find it (when i browse the /.transmission-daemon folder in XP)

My transmission is constantly creating a logfile that says:
Transmission 1.42 (7500) started
RPC Server: Adding address to whitelist: 127.0.0.1
RPC Server: Serving RPC and Web requests on port 9091
RPC Server: Whitelist enabled
Couldn't bind port 51413: Address already in use
Port Forwarding: Couldn't open port 51413 to listen for incoming peer connections (errno 98 - Address already in use)
Port Forwarding: Couldn't open port 51413 to listen for incoming peer connections (errno 98 - Address already in use)

And so forth... I stopped transmission

Port Forwarding: Couldn't transmission-daemon: saved "/mnt/HD_a2/.transmission-daemon/settings.json"
Port Forwarding: Stopped
Closing transmission session... done.

When i type
2. Type "transmission-daemon -f -g <configdir> -t -u <username> -v <password> -a 127.0.0.*"
Is the configdir /mnt/HD_a2/.transmission-daemon/ if I've never had transmission-daemon before installed?

And this I don't get...
"If you ever intend to start Transmission directly via command-line, Telnet users have to add the above line to their fun_plug script, while SSH users add it to the /ffp/etc/profile file."
Do I have to do it? And how?

Sorry for being such a noob. Hope someone bothers to answer smile

Edit: Ok, found the settings.json after i stopped transmission. It seems like none of my settings have saved to the file... Can i edit with a text editor of some sort and add my ip to it? And change the port? I guess editing with notepad would screw it up.

Edit: Ok, tried editing it with notepad. Seems to work now... big_smile

Last edited by abro (2009-02-02 18:33:24)

#274 2009-02-02 19:00:29

romanl

toolbox wrote:

romanl wrote:

what does .transmission-deamon/transmission-daemon.log say?

As far as I can see, it tells nothing. I cannot see any special info, besides the usual "Got NN peers from tracker" stuff.

#275 2009-02-02 19:26:13

abro

InfernoX wrote:

I am also getting dmesg transmission-da: page allocation failure. order:1, mode:0x20
I am also using Transmission 1.42..
My downloads seem abit slow for some reason, like they go on and off, but maby it is the 1.06 firmware or whatnot.

I have the same... Sometimes the download is at 1M and ul at 40kB/s, but then it drops to almost zero, stays there for a while and rises again.
I had the same prob with my PC too, on uTorrent. Solved it by manually adjusting Disk Cache to 1000MB. Any suggestions?

Board footer