DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-02-03 21:07:08

jaysonp

User account access

I cannot seem to get the Network access part to work.  I have Windows XP Pro,  I have a user account with a password that I log into XP.  I create that same user on the NAS-323.  I give the built in ALL read only access to the Volume_1.  then I give my created account Write permissions.  When I try to write to the NAS is gives me access denied.  The only way I can get it to work is by setting all to have write access.  Does this NAS device operate with the built in Windows XP user accounts?  I have tried just mapping while logged into the account.  I've also try mapping and specifying the username and password.  It just doesn't seem to acknowled my account.

#2 2009-02-04 18:58:10

silversurfer

Re: User account access

I suspect that this could be caused by a default setting for samba in the NAS  - "security = share".

You can try to remove the ALL user access and only apply r/w permission for your user. This should remove the "guest ok" entry from the share and require you to login with a username and password.

Board footer