DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#326 2009-02-19 06:35:59

lividhatter

Re: [REL] Transmission 1.3

Also I see this error a ton in the log.

Couldn't create socket: Address family not supported by protocol

Any ideas?

#327 2009-02-19 07:24:21

Muppet

Read the thread, the question was answered already (only a few posts ago too)

Apologies, but slightly annoyed at getting an email every time someone asks a question that is already answered or posts a question related to features / bugs / suggestions WHICH BELONG ON THE TRANSMISSION WEBSITE.

Thanks for reading my rant, unsubscribing now.

Last edited by Muppet (2009-02-19 07:25:41)

#328 2009-02-19 09:14:25

lividhatter

My apologies.

#329 2009-02-19 17:10:09

lividhatter

Just attempting to figure out why everything is slow ever since v1.42

#330 2009-02-19 19:28:42

KyleK

bitme30 wrote:

Hello....
After loads of tweeking I finally got the transmission 1.50 up and going (tweaking because im not* very good at linux, so have to do a man command for everything)
I had alot of problems getting transmission to axcepting my internal ip's, but after a while i figured out what the trick was:

root@blackbox:/mnt/HD_a2/ffp/bin# /ffp/start/transmission.sh stop
root@blackbox:/mnt/HD_a2/ffp/bin# transmission-daemon -a 192.168.0.*
root@blackbox:/mnt/HD_a2/ffp/bin# transmission-daemon -w /mnt/HD_a2/incoming/
root@blackbox:/mnt/HD_a2/ffp/bin# /ffp/start/transmission.sh start

But i have a problem when i reboot the nas disk...
All my settings and torrents dissapears...

I have to enter the code (pasted) all over again for each reboot.
Also, torrents downloading/seeding dissapears from transmission, so i have to open them again to continue.

Any idea what this might be ?

Also:
I HAD speed problems with the transmission 1.32... couldn't get my dwnld or upld speed past 15/15...
With transmission 1.50 I don't have a speed problem anymore.
I now get full 3.2Mb/s both up and down.

prolly more allowed global connections....?

*typo

This is described in the first post: When you start transmission-daemon manually (that is, by not using transmission.sh), you have to tell it the path to its own settings, using the -g commandline parameter:

Code:

transmission-daemon -g /mnt/HD_a2/.transmission-daemon -a 192.168.0.* -w /mnt/HD_a2/incoming -f

Transmission will start, you'll see some text scrolling over the screen. Press Ctrl-C after a while (when T seems to not do anything anymore).

The settings will be stored to its proper location.
The next time the NAS boots, and transmission.sh is executed, it'll load the settings.

There are a couple more options you can set with transmission-daemon, type 'transmission-daemon --help' for a list.

#331 2009-02-19 19:31:32

KyleK

lividhatter wrote:

Just attempting to figure out why everything is slow ever since v1.42

1.42 had problems with torrent speed, because peer handling was bad.
This is also the largest change in 1.50, that part was completely rewritten. Now speeds are good again (I really can't complain, it maxes out my line if I want it to), but as a result, more memory is used, and some people also notice increased CPU usage.

If you encounter such things, and are capable of creating some form of bug report, go to the Trasmission bug tracker at http://trac.transmissionbt.com and post a bug.
The more the better.

#332 2009-02-20 00:17:54

rap

Since I upgraded my dns it seems to wake out of sleep mode much more frequently than it used to when I don't have any torrents active.

Anyone else noticed this  before I try and do some troubleshooting?

RAP

#333 2009-02-20 07:31:25

kuro6

Does anyone know the reason why I get, "Error:  No such file or directory"  when I try to download a public torrent?  This error is specific to the Transmission Remote GUI, although the Clutch interface displays similar behavior. 

My torrent starts, is active for a few seconds, and stops itself because of this error.  Nothing will download.

#334 2009-02-20 07:35:42

KyleK

This happens if Transmission is not able to either write to the download directory specified in the settings, or if it can't create the folder name that's mentioned in the torrent.
If this happens with all torrents, the first case is likely, if it's just one or 2 torrents, I'd look into the second case.

#335 2009-02-21 20:57:14

kuro6

Kyle, I read over an earlier post of yours and saw that you had changed the Transmssion and Downloads folders' owner from Nobody to one created through your NAS.  I did just that and my downloads work fine.  Thanks.

#336 2009-02-23 15:13:12

Cirip

Hi all!

Sorry for the lame question but is it possible to download a torrent with a different directory?
So I mean that the torrent name is for example "mandrake linux ver 5.5" but I would like to download it to a dir called "Linux".
Doesnt like that: "Linux/mandrake linux ver 5.5"  just to put the files to th Linux dir.

Thanks your help!
Best regards:
C.

#337 2009-02-23 16:04:01

MCGlausa

Cirip wrote:

Sorry for the lame question but is it possible to download a torrent with a different directory?
So I mean that the torrent name is for example "mandrake linux ver 5.5" but I would like to download it to a dir called "Linux".

It's not a lame question at all.  As far as I know, there isn't a way to do this from the web interface.  You can do it from the command line interface, but it's a bit awkward to do on a regular basis.  I'm basing this on transmission-remote

Code:

# set the new download dir
$ transmission-remote --download-dir /path/to/Linux/directory

# start the download
$ transmission-remote --add /path/to/torrent/mandrake\ linux\ ver\ 5.5.torrent

# set back to the default download dir
$ transmission-remote --download-dir /path/to/download/directory/

I don't know of any built-in way of doing this automatically, but you could probably write a relatively simple script to check for certain strings in the torrent name and direct those to certain directories.  Then all you'd need to do is modify the name of the torrent file when you save it, and add it by calling your script.

#338 2009-02-23 18:00:46

EZryder

Hello

I have a problem which has been discussed already, however I can't figure it out.

When I start a download it stops after a couple of seconds. I think this is caused by transmission not being able to write to the download folder.
Now I have been trying to get user "root" to get full access to all the necessary folders and files (I think it already has).
Now I also want to check the startup script, which I guess is /ffp/start/transmisson.sh, to see if it says “user=root”. However, I am not able to open this file with an editor because I get an “access denied” error.

Does anyone know what I have to do?

Thanks

#339 2009-02-23 18:07:12

Cirip

MCGlausa wrote:

Cirip wrote:

It's not a lame question at all.  As far as I know, there isn't a way to do this from the web interface.  You can do it from the command line interface, but it's a bit awkward to do on a regular basis.  I'm basing this on transmission-remote

Code:

# set the new download dir
$ transmission-remote --download-dir /path/to/Linux/directory

# start the download
$ transmission-remote --add /path/to/torrent/mandrake\ linux\ ver\ 5.5.torrent

# set back to the default download dir
$ transmission-remote --download-dir /path/to/download/directory/

I don't know of any built-in way of doing this automatically, but you could probably write a relatively simple script to check for certain strings in the torrent name and direct those to certain directories.  Then all you'd need to do is modify the name of the torrent file when you save it, and add it by calling your script.

Ok, but I mean this:
Normally the donwloads goes to there: mnt/HD_a2/torrents
If i download a movie.torrent file transmission put them:
mnt/HD_a2/torrents/movie directory.
What can I do to transmission put it for example:
mnt/HD_a2/torrents/music directory.
There is not a good answer to set the download path in the web gui to: mnt/HD_a2/torrents/music
because in this case it is downloaded here: mnt/HD_a2/torrents/music/movie  because movie is the directory wich contains the video files.

So I would like to rename the directory of the file and would like to seed.

Sorry for bad englis and sorry if I write so cloudy.

Best regards:

C.

#340 2009-02-23 18:57:47

MCGlausa

Cirip wrote:

There is not a good answer to set the download path in the web gui to: mnt/HD_a2/torrents/music
because in this case it is downloaded here: mnt/HD_a2/torrents/music/movie  because movie is the directory wich contains the video files.

So I would like to rename the directory of the file and would like to seed.

I don't think I'm understanding what you'd like to do.  Do you want to start new torrents and direct them to different directories when you add them?  Do you want to move (and possibly rename) the downloaded files when downloading is complete, but still continue to seed?

I'm sorry I'm not able to understand what you want to do.  Maybe if you describe your problem again in a different way it would be more clear?

Lastly, unless I've missed something there is currently no way to set the download directory for any torrents from the web interface.

#341 2009-02-23 19:25:15

Cirip

MCGlausa wrote:

Do you want to move (and possibly rename) the downloaded files when downloading is complete, but still continue to seed?

Yes I would it. Not move just rename the directory what contains the downloaded files and continue to seed.

MCGlausa wrote:

Lastly, unless I've missed something there is currently no way to set the download directory for any torrents from the web interface.

I use this:
http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/

If this GUI you add a new torrent it is ask you the location.

#342 2009-02-23 19:33:05

assuncap

this thing really eats cpu... damn. mine is most of the time at 98-100% with 2 torrents.

#343 2009-02-23 20:30:48

MCGlausa

Cirip wrote:

MCGlausa wrote:

Do you want to move (and possibly rename) the downloaded files when downloading is complete, but still continue to seed?

Yes I would it. Not move just rename the directory what contains the downloaded files and continue to seed.

I don't know of any torrent client that does this directly.  What you can do is pause the torrent, rename the files, then use links (the ln command) to essentially have two names for the same files.

Code:

# pause the torrent
# rename the file(s) or directory
$ mv /mnt/HD_a2/torrents/movie /mnt/HD_a2/torrents/music

# make the link to so Transmission can still seed the files
$ ln -s /mnt/HD_a2/torrents/music /mnt/HD_a2/torrents/movie

# resume the torrent

Now you essentially have two names for the directory '/mnt/HD_a2/torrents/music'.  Listing the directories with 'ls' should show the same files.

Cirip wrote:

MCGlausa wrote:

I use this:
http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/

If this GUI you add a new torrent it is ask you the location.

I see.  I meant Clutch.

#344 2009-02-23 22:07:33

Cirip

Thanks MCGlausa!

It is works! It not too fast but maybe this is the only way to do it.

Thanks again!

#345 2009-02-24 04:03:19

masc

Hello Kylek or anyone who can help me...

I'm having difficulty connecting to transmission trough browsers.  I get timeouts or it take several minutes to connect forgot about the refresh rate.
When I use remote transmission 0.5 0r 0.6 it work slightly better but it take couple of minutes to connect/load the current torrents. Soon I like to edit something it take for ever!

The download or upload seam to be fine. The temperature of the cpu is 114F, access of the HD and files transfer is fine too. It seam to be only access to transmission that is extremely slow.

Thank for any feedback.

any idea??? I run transmission 1.5 and soon I add more than 1 torrent it really slow down up to time out!

Last edited by masc (2009-02-26 06:35:17)

#346 2009-02-24 15:23:39

Cirip

It has a problem!

If I make it with this command there is a new directory called "music" but the "movie" directory still exist. And if I delete anything for example from the "music" it has been deleted to the "movie" too.
I would like to I have only the renamed directory.

Best regards:

C.

Last edited by Cirip (2009-02-25 13:04:01)

#347 2009-02-25 14:13:16

breasthead

Hi

I've got transmission up and running -thanks for all the guides, but I'm finding that transmission throttles my entire internet. It only downloads at ~100 - 130 KB/s but no other connected computers can then browse the net.

If I run the same torrents through utorrent on a windows PC, it'll download at ~250 KB/s but more importantly all other computers can still browse the net...

Anyone got any ideas?

dlink 1.05, ffp 0.5, transmission 1.5
transmission uses default port 51413 which is forwarded, and open (tested at www.canyouseeme.org)

I'm not all that fussed about the speed being slower on transmission than utorrent, but need to be able to browse the net while downloading!

Cheers,
B

#348 2009-02-25 15:39:09

craft
Website

My speed is around 2.80 Mbps down and 2.0 -2.5 Mbps up

I'm using the ver. 1.50(7894) (compiled 2 hours ago.)

http://www.dlinkhelp.eu/gex75/DNS-323-3 … 0.7894.tgz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

#349 2009-02-25 20:05:13

romanl

craft wrote:

I'm using the ver. 1.50(7894) (compiled 2 hours ago.)
http://www.dlinkhelp.eu/gex75/DNS-323-3 … 0.7894.tgz

Is this version compatible with ffp's package manager?

#350 2009-02-26 08:07:36

craft
Website

yep, compatible

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

Board footer