DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-04-23 11:44:22

cvdwl

Editor

I fired up my DSM-G600, got most basic stuff working, but am still getting spun up.  It looks like the default shell has /usr/local/bin in the path, which is handy as I can put a line into my fun-plug to symlink /mnt/HD_a2/local to /usr/local, then put my personal apps on the open server side.  rsync and ssh now work cleanly off boot, so things  appear to be loosely functional.

Big question, Is there an editor somewhere?!  I tried vi, which returns "applet not found" (but much other busybox stuff apears to be working).  Am I missing something here?  Anyone out there tell me how to fire up vi, emacs, pico, nano or some other basic text-editor for this thing?

As an aside... Is the only way to get non-root users installed is to re-insert the lines of note into /etc/shadow and /etc/passwd at boot?  Looks like I should need to build a fairly healthy fun-plugfull of cats, echos and links to get a working environment?

#2 2007-04-23 12:22:44

sala
Member / Site Admin
Website

Re: Editor

Download section has joe and some busybox binaries which have vi (and awk, sed) built in.
All DSM-G600's have one none root user by default and it's admin. To log in using telnet as admin user you need to set a working shell for admin user.

DSM-G600 - NetBSD hdd-boot - 80GB Samsung SP0802N
NSA-220 - Gentoo armv5tel 20110121 hdd-boot - 2x 2TB WD WD20EADS

Board footer