DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-04-25 06:28:11

arunbav

Twonkey 5.0.55 Trials and Tribulations

Okay I agree I was ambitious and went about installing TWONKY 5.0.55 on my DNS 323. Installation was smooth. Played around with a couple of scripts (with helpful hints from this forum). Scripts in place. Things looked fine.

Using Twonky so far has proven to be very unfruitful.
Firstly, When I click on Media Feeds to even try to set up I see "No user credentials found. Can not authorize with the Mediafusion server. " May be something needs to be set up. I have not investigated this further (any pointers will be most appreciated).

Secondly, and more importantlyWhen I click on the video media ( an avi file and also a dvd folder with Video_TS files)  results in the player (VLC in one computer and nero media player on the other) seem to want to download the file and not stream it. What a bummer!! Hopefully I just need to set up a few more things. I am hoping for some pointers from the forum. Should I go to 4.4.11 or 4.4.9 versions of Twonky, may be my problems are with the latest  (buggy?) software.

Have not tried audio streaming yet but if I can't get video streaming fixed I may remove Twonkey and just use the native UPNP server.

Help save a Twonky :-)

Last edited by arunbav (2009-04-25 16:10:38)

Board footer