DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-03-29 06:11:40

WildSioux

Can access drive, but can't copy, delete, or create new files/folders

Hi,  I have two of these DNS 323 boxes.  One for me with two Seagate 320gb drives.  And the other for my parents with two 250gb seagate drives.  Mine works fine but their box is having some issues. 

We managed to map the drive on an old XP system.  This was working fine for a while.  They could access the drives, copy, delete, move, create new files/folders, etc...  They then decided to go out and buy two laptops with Vista on them.  After getting past the firewall issues, I finally mapped the drives.  This is where the problems started.  Now on the old XP computer and the new Vista laptops, they can access the drive.  But they can't copy, delete, move, create new files/folders, etc....It gives us some warning (can't remember what now).

What is the deal?  This is on the latest FW.

#2 2007-03-29 23:33:14

Aaron

Re: Can access drive, but can't copy, delete, or create new files/folders

So since adding the two new vista laptops the old WinXP machine can not copy anymore either? Thats strange. I know the current firmware available is not vista compliant(it was when I tested it with beta vista but they changed something in mapping). Possibly take screen shots and post links to them so we can see what your experiencing?

_Aaron

#3 2007-04-07 19:48:49

WildSioux

Next time I am home (live in a different state) I will take a screenshot of it.  Until then, anyone else have any ideas.  Shut it off to reboot???

#4 2007-05-11 07:54:50

WildSioux

Ok, finally able to get home and see what is going on with this.  On all computers I can see the drive, access it, browse through the folders.  But I can't make a new folder, copy, delete, NOTHING...

Here is the error message I get when I try to copy (I tried copying the Ford Windstar picture on the left to the folder)...
"You need permission to perform this action"
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m11/WildSioux/test.jpg

Firewall is on with an exception to the IP of the DNS.  I have run out of ideas with my limited experience...

Thanks

#5 2007-05-11 09:10:08

WildSioux

EDIT:  After messing with this for the past 3 hours.  I finally got one of the laptops to work!  I updated the firmware to 1.03 from 1.02b.  I was a little freaked at first since I didn't want to lose all of the files on it with the update.  But then I read that its not required anymore to reformat the HD.  I also had to download the new easy search 3.5.

It is 0110 in the morning here and I'm tired.  I will try the other two computers when I wake up.  I am pretty sure this will work.  Yippee...

Board footer