DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-05-11 18:07:17

rolyat

[DNS-323] Two years old DNS: where are my settings?

Good evening to everyone,

I read the forum quite a while since I have a DNS, though I never posted. Now that I have a problem I am posting. So, if you don't mind, please, give me any suggestion.

My DNS is nearly two years old, was working relatively properly, and went from FW 1.03 to 1.06. The DNS was ON between 85 to 90% of the time.

Couple of weeks ago, we moved to a new place, and thus, the DNS has to be turned off for a while (one or two weeks). Once I got time, I set back all my system with the routers, switch and so on... And at last the DNS. I found little bit weird that the ON led was blinking longer than usual, but then stopped blinking and was plain blue. Then I forgot about this incident. And I didn't access the DNS for a while because I use it mainly as a backup and file storage, and I have something else to do for a (big) while.

Couple of days ago, I checked my backup program (Cobian), which has been running smoothly for the last two years, and I saw that Cobian was not able to save any backup... Argh! So I first thought about a hard disk problem... I cursed Seagate, and looked into that direction for a while (bad HDD firmware, etc.). But I have to admit that the HDD is not the guilty one.

Later I checked the DNS (on the web interface), and I didn't find it at the usual IP (x.x.2.60). I succeeded to find it back thanks to THE DUDE, and the IP was x.x.2.100... Weird... Hum... Password not working any more... I tried the default one, it worked, then I looked around: all the settings are back to the factory default!

I set everything back, and after one operation, I have to restart the DNS for the change to take effect... Still the browser was now looking at x.x.2.60, as expected, but didn't find a thing. Once again, I tried x.x.2.100 and find it back with NO settings.

Now my question: where is the damn problem: the Flash memory? The battery or something else? Am I good to throw it away?

I thank you in advance for any thing.

The Firmware now is a vanilla 1.07 from D-Link.

Bye
--
  Rolyat

Last edited by rolyat (2009-05-11 18:10:04)

Board footer