DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-05-27 10:49:24

PoweRoy

Which UPnP Mediaserver

Hi all,

Yesterday I received my HDX1000 (smile) and I tried to install couple of mediaservers on my CH3SNAS. But all had some flaws.
First MediaTomb. Added files using the webconfig but couldn't play it on my HDX1000. "Request cannot be processed, press returnkey to return to the previous page". Config.xml issue?

Then I installed Twonky (ffp version). Using the webconfig I shared 3 folders (/mnt/HD_a2/Movies, /mnt/HD_a2/HD movies, /mnt/HD_a2/series) and started the recan dirs. looking in the mediabrowser it looked like this:
-a (serie1)
-b (hdmovie1)
-D_a2 (NO typo, the H is missiing
---Movies
-------a (Movie1)
-c (serie2)

Why the seperate tree for movies... All the movies played though. Well uninstall twonky (took some time to do that, the winxp app gave some errors)

So as last I started the default UPnp from conceptronics, and everyting was working. Only one disadvantage is that U can't select multiple folders to share, a folder with symbolic links wont work either.

What are you guys using? (why and how too please wink )

Last edited by PoweRoy (2009-05-27 10:49:55)

#2 2009-05-27 22:45:54

jmcqup

Re: Which UPnP Mediaserver

Hi. I started with Twonky, but have switched to MediaTomb. To be sure MediaTomb requires some fiddling to get it to work, but it allows much more flexibility/ control in setting up your folder outline. My favourite feature is the option in the config is the put a "*" in front of played files (sad but true, I can never remember which series I've watched). There is an excellent thread on this forum for MediaTomb, to get it installed on your UPnP device and good support on the developer site. Twonky doesn't seem to be very much interested in the NAS market, so while it installs easily, don't expect much support. Good luck -james

#3 2009-05-28 10:54:05

PoweRoy

What did you change off the default config.xml? To allow atleast playback of movies...

Could you mail your config?

#4 2009-05-28 12:02:29

knireis

Why not enable nfs via the ffp 0.5 on the CH3SNAS. Your hdx will see the CH3SNAS fine.

#5 2009-05-28 12:16:27

PoweRoy

well haven't tried NFS, because SMB is already working.

I was looking for something else to provide a nicer interface. Movie covers, HTML based layout to select a movie etc.
I found a website about Llink, gunna try that soon.

Board footer