DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-07-30 07:26:42

norkle

Windows delays accessing

When accessing the DNS323 from windows explorer, I receive significant delays (5-30 seconds) as I navigate folders or even click on files.

I have the DNS323 mapped as a drive, and if I swap the mapping from network name to IP address (or back), normal speed returns for a time, but after an hour two, the slow navigation returns. I presume this points to a windows XP problem. The windows machine accesses the dns323 from the Volume_1 share.

Other information: In order to map the DNS323 by name, I've had to include it in my lmhosts, although I can ping it (DNS resolution) fine. Firmware 1.06, RAID-1 configuration of 2x 1TB Samsung HD103UJ. I don't use fun_plug or anything extra at this stage (hope to if I can resolve the performance issue). I don't use the iTunes or UPnP server, although they are enabled (just noticed that).

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is anyone else using RAID-1 with a windows client on firmware 1.06?

Thanks, Richard.

#2 2009-07-31 01:29:45

bodbod

Re: Windows delays accessing

Hi Norkle,

No i don't have this issue but ususally my explorer gets crazy,it continues to constantly receive bites even when i have stopped the navigation or a stopped playing a movie. have to kill the process (explorer) for stopping the transfers of bites.

Board footer