DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-09-20 15:33:07

AdamBrunt

Two easy (hopefully) questions ...

Hi all,

I have been out of the DNS-323 modding scene for a while but am looking to get back into it and could do with some help on a couple of questions...

1) The NAS currently only has one drive in it (in the RHS slot) and setup, obviously, as JBOD. If I have read this forum correctly is the safest way to add a new drive ... (i) power off NAS and remove existing drive (ii) place new drive in LHS slot (iii) turn on NAS and let it format the drive (iv) power off NAS and put 'old' drive back into RHS slot (v) power on NAS ?

2) As I said it's been a while and I am just reminding myself about funplug (hopefully to get squeezcenter working on the DNS-323) by reading the documentation. I am sure I did install it originally but when I telnet to the NAS I see a folder called mnt/HD_a2/fun_pug.d which has subfolders of bin, etc, lib, log, packages, sbin and start BUT the docs say the folder should be ffp ? Also if I type pwdconv, at an / # prompt, I get an error saying mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/bin/sh: pwdconv: not found ?

TIA for any help.

Regards,

Adam Brunt

UPDATE: Answered quetion 2 myself - turns out I was running fun_plug 0.4 I have now removed those files and installed 0.5 now.

Last edited by AdamBrunt (2009-09-20 19:25:37)

#2 2009-09-23 00:28:43

index monkey

Re: Two easy (hopefully) questions ...

I guess you are adding another JBOD disk, on this case avoid RAID0 because if one disk dies so does all your beloved data.
Since you have been gone fetch yourself a current firmware version.
By unplugging a drive you are not giving the firmware a chance to format the wrong disk. right hand bay is best for single disk config, thus disk two best in the left hand bay.
Back up your beloved data earlier - rather than cry about restoring it later.

DNS-323, HW B1, 2 x 2TB WD green, fw 1.08, fun_plug 0.5, transmission, automatic, nzbget newsreader & rsync time machine backup.

Board footer